Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new song

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not too shabby

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Uninspired and tired. The guitar sound is very screechy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Wow thats ****in awful

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Lost interest in them years ago... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was ok up until the chorus, which is just fúcking terrible. You could describe a lot of their songs from the past 10 years like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

oh dear oh dear!! bland ****e. Where's your soul gone RHCP??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Only one word for that and it starts with a B and ends with a D and has an A in the middle! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Only one word for that and it starts with a B and ends with a D and has an A in the middle! :o

Ballad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Kinda just sounds like someone's given them a "Red Hot Chilli Peppers Song Maker" application on the computer and they are just filling in the blanks. It's all sh1te since Blood Sugar Sex Magik!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I thought Californication was good, By The Way, while following the same formula as Californication, still has some great songs.
    Stadium Arcadium was sh*te, and the fact Frusciante left was the final nail in the coffin for me. Saying that, I still think One Hot Minute is a great album too, maybe it shouldn't have been released as a RHCP album as it sounds different to what followed, but as a rock album, I think it's great......Some great times learning and playing along to One Hot Minute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Couldn't listen to the whole thing...They've lost their touch, more than likely because Frusciante's left. Sounds very commercial and to me the lyrics sound forced. Anyway another past their sell by date band who have sold out to stay alive....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Tic toc I want to rock you like the 80s.

We'd appreciate that at some point as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

Funk gone. Soul gone. Sense of fun gone. I don't think they even know what sort of music they're supposed to play anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They really didn't put any effort into the lyrics when they made up the word wanty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I think I just puked a little in my mouth after hearing that chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

haha, I said that exact same thing to my mate when I heard it.
    Yea, not a fan of the song. Chorus is awful and bland.

The one possible upside from Frusciante leaving would be if they played some One Hot Minute songs live with Josh. that would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

It's ok, a lot of over the top criticism in this thread though! I wouldn't make any final judgements until I've heard the album, the song is a bit laid back or something, and I would say that they have stayed well within their comfort zone, particularly Flea, lacking his usual intensity and aggression!

Klinghoffer is ok, he's no John Frusciante but he's as close as they'll get, Klinghoffer had worked with/understudied Frusciante for years, hiring him was staying in the comfort zone too I guess, perhaps a new direction was required? The album will answer that question.

I don't understand the harshness of some of the criticism here though! It's almost as though people are personally offended by the song or something which is a bit much! It's just a song, not great but not bad either.
    Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I think I just puked a little in my mouth after hearing that chorus.
    Ah, I think you should visit your doctor asap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

total snoozeville. is it aimed at tweens who have just started buying music for the first time? because anyone familiar with RHCP over the years would most likely just rolleyes at this stinker.. everything post Blood Sugar is drivel

total snoozeville. is it aimed at tweens who have just started buying music for the first time? because anyone familiar with RHCP over the years would most likely just rolleyes at this stinker.. everything post Blood Sugar is drivel

Millions would disagree with you there. Californication is not in any way "drivel"

okay,i'll compromise. the first four songs are almost on a par with previous efforts IMHO. i guess there are a few good 'uns on One Hot Minute too ;) bar these small but notable exceptions i stand over my previous opinion ;)

• Advertisement

okay,i'll compromise. the first four songs are almost on a par with previous efforts IMHO. i guess there are a few good 'uns on One Hot Minute too ;) bar these small but notable exceptions i stand over my previous opinion ;)

"Almost" only?! Okay it's clear our tastes differ somewhat!:D BSSM is their best for sure, OHM was a big let down but only in terms of what went directly before it, it has actually grown on me as time has gone by! My personal favoutites are BTW and Californication though, the last effort was disappointing in terms of it being a bit bloated but in terms of me having a signed copy of it I'm quite thrilled with it to be honest!

The new song is a bit uninspiring alright, maybe the fact that 3 of them will be turning 50 in the next year has something to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

DHYNZY wrote: »
    Funk gone. Soul gone. Sense of fun gone. I don't think they even know what sort of music they're supposed to play anymore.

BOOM!! you summed it up perfectly there!!

Last time I saw the Chilli's live was in Oxygen, and I must admit it was a deeply disappointing experience. Having seen them live in Dublin's SFX when they were at (or near) their creative peak, I never dreamed I could feel so distant, both physically and metaphysically from them as a band when I saw them live :mad:

In fact, forgive me and I don't want to offend any fans, AS i'm sure there are MANY, but in my opinion the very inclusion of the Chilli's in this forum is now atenuous at best, given the dilution of their rock/funk metal vibe.

Is there a M.O.T.R. FORUM? :D:):pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I really enjoyed them at the O2 in 2011, though thought they were a bit weak in Croke Park during the Summer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement