Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 IE history showing keystrokes

• 18-07-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Friend of mine discovered that when viewing his Internet history, it was showing all the text of emails, facebook pm's etc. Is Windows 7 capable of this, or is it some form of keylogger installed? Will scan it with Malware Bytes when he gets it to me, but in the interm any info would be appreciated.

Incidentally, his partner fell for the tech call from India scam, and gave access to them remotely, so this may be the reason.

Thanks in advance,

SVI40

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

SVI40 wrote: »
    Hi,

Friend of mine discovered that when viewing his Internet history, it was showing all the text of emails, facebook pm's etc. Is Windows 7 capable of this, or is it some form of keylogger installed? Will scan it with Malware Bytes when he gets it to me, but in the interm any info would be appreciated.

Incidentally, his partner fell for the tech call from India scam, and gave access to them remotely, so this may be the reason.

Thanks in advance,

SVI40
    Don't know about the remembering e-mails bit (I'd say it's spyware related) but re-install the Operating system if you can, far quicker than looking for all the different crap they may have installed + he'll have to change every password and cancel all cards used on the machine to be safe also.

If going with the scanners, SuperAntispyware is good and go through Add and Remove programs for dodgy looking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭SVI40

Hey Hal,

Thanks for the reply. I will be checking for any suspicious applications installed, and running a full malware/spyware scan on the PC. I currently have not done much at all on Windows 7, so I was really wondering if MS had added a function to log keystrokes, or auto-archive any text that was typed?

Thanks,

SVI40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

Yeah, I'd be re-installing windows and changing the password of anything I can remember, particularly online banking, paypal, amazon, ebay, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

IE is the malware. Use a proper browser.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SVI40 wrote: »
    moving to malware forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

srsly78 wrote: »
    IE is the malware. Use a proper browser.

Thats great Help !

21/25

Advertisement