Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORANGE CONSTRUCTICONS G1

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

hi i got 3 g1 constructicons in yellow/orange which is strange, i know these were only suppose to come out in 1992 but these ones are stamped 1980-84 takara, hasbro , they are not fake or ko, im a g1 collector for many years and have a good few g1s and the lad i got these off had them as a child, i got many g1s of him even the rare shockwave toyco 1983, hes not a collector and he just sold me his collection and these were in it, now im lead to believe these are very rare and only sold in a few store across the u.s in yellow or orange in the 80s , if anyone can help me with some info that would be great, these are not even turning up on ebay!! i may be wrong and i googled it but it seems orange constructicons from 84 are not on the radar and if they are they are very, very rare!!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rarest of the colour variants as far as I'm aware. you're very lucky to have found them. A full set is very valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

W/O a reference, like say Fred's workshop, i'm hazy on stampings.

Yellow (early) G1 constructicons do exist however.

To clarify: I don't mean the circa G1.5 release from the early 90s with no combiner parts and generic cards.

I saw them myself in France in 1987, and in a few different shops too, after production would've stopped. So in France at least they weren't THAT scarce.

I don't know for sure if they were released in that color in any of the markets that were sharing multilingual packaging with Hasbro France at the time...although in more recent years, as people have begun to (finally!) recognise their existence, it's apparent all those other markets got Green ones.

Yellow and Orange G1 Constructicons sold in the U.S...I've seen no evidence, nor TBH even heard such claims before.

The U.S. is such a big market, and the fandom so US centric, that i think if there was any substance to such a thing, it would've been discussed and probably proven.

And Shockwave. Yes. The toy was licensed from a (South) Korean company called ToyCo and actually still made in Korea after Hasbro licensed it.

Last i remember ToyCo still exist. And even displayed "Astro Magnum" at a trade fair several years back, although i don't think it's still in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

Galvasean wrote: »
    Rarest of the colour variants as far as I'm aware. you're very lucky to have found them. A full set is very valuable.

hi you are spot on!! the more i dig into this issue the more i see these are vary rare indeed!! id say the chances of me obtaining the other 3 yellow/orange g1 constructicons are very slim INDEED, i imagin that only a few 100 or so made it to the stores in orange or yellow stamped takara, hasbro 1980-1984, it is also comforting to know that these g1s come from a guy who doesnt need the money!!! and had them as a kid just like me in the early 80s and who kept them up for 27yrs and now desided to sell them on , cheers

wernstrom! wrote: »
    W/O a reference, like say Fred's workshop, i'm hazy on stampings.

Yellow (early) G1 constructicons do exist however.

To clarify: I don't mean the circa G1.5 release from the early 90s with no combiner parts and generic cards.

I saw them myself in France in 1987, and in a few different shops too, after production would've stopped. So in France at least they weren't THAT scarce.

I don't know for sure if they were released in that color in any of the markets that were sharing multilingual packaging with Hasbro France at the time...although in more recent years, as people have begun to (finally!) recognise their existence, it's apparent all those other markets got Green ones.

Yellow and Orange G1 Constructicons sold in the U.S...I've seen no evidence, nor TBH even heard such claims before.

The U.S. is such a big market, and the fandom so US centric, that i think if there was any substance to such a thing, it would've been discussed and probably proven.

And Shockwave. Yes. The toy was licensed from a (South) Korean company called ToyCo and actually still made in Korea after Hasbro licensed it.

Last i remember ToyCo still exist. And even displayed "Astro Magnum" at a trade fair several years back, although i don't think it's still in production.

hi

thanks for your help, your dead right they did not come out in the u.s but they did come out in france and eu, it seems they were in short supply , i dont know how to put up links so people can read it but i just googled "yellow g1 constructicons" and im getting good info!! if i had all 6 i think i would be heading to the bank!! :-P ah im happy with the 3 i got to be honest and tere mint, gas thing is i didnt expect them to be yellow g1 constructicons i just assumed he had the lime green ones to sale, mad how things turn out!

also should mention these 1980-84 yellow g1 constructicons have tere weapons just like the green ones excepth tere yellow of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The orange ones appear in an old issue of ToyFare magazine I used to have that came with a list of values for the G1 Transformers. I forget the prices, but the orange ones were definately the most valuable.

Galvasean wrote: »
    The orange ones appear in an old issue of ToyFare magazine I used to have that came with a list of values for the G1 Transformers. I forget the prices, but the orange ones were definately the most valuable.

hi

that sounds great but i must be honest i buy to collect not to sale but i would be interested to try find out what they are worth?? i never know these g1s were even out tere but i do know!! like bumblejumper i think these g1s can go into the super rare section! Ummm..... cant believe my luck really

cheers

Advertisement