Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Sales vs Tech Support

Options
  • 19-07-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

This one is funny...

I want faster internet upload speeds (currently on 3mb/300kb)

I ring tech support - They say no problem, my line is great and can easily support 8mb/512kb - But they can't do it at their end and I need to go through Sales.

I ring sales - They say not a chance, They cannot give me any faster than 3mb/300.

I nicely asked would it not be possible for them to temporarily enable me for the faster internet and I can talk again with Tech Support. But they point blank refuse.

They say that I am lying about my conversations with Tech Support, so I ask Sales to talk to Tech Support, but they refuse that too.

I've gone around the above loop about 3 times now.

Good old Eircom! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Send a stiffie to chris hutchings head of wholesale ( the network) chutchings@eircom.ie or hutchingsc@eircom.ie and tell us if he can sort it via a minion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

The_Rev wrote: »
    This one is funny...

I want faster internet upload speeds (currently on 3mb/300kb)

I ring tech support - They say no problem, my line is great and can easily support 8mb/512kb - But they can't do it at their end and I need to go through Sales.

I ring sales - They say not a chance, They cannot give me any faster than 3mb/300.

I nicely asked would it not be possible for them to temporarily enable me for the faster internet and I can talk again with Tech Support. But they point blank refuse.

They say that I am lying about my conversations with Tech Support, so I ask Sales to talk to Tech Support, but they refuse that too.

I've gone around the above loop about 3 times now.

Good old Eircom! :)

Hi The_Rev,

Thanks for post. If you PM your home phone number or eircom Account number I can check this with Technical Support.

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement