Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand post and packaging.

Options
  • 19-07-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, Just a quick question.

I'm justing wondering, when I order my PC from Hardwareversand, and I ask them to build it..,
    what happens to all the boxes and manuals?
    Do I still get them like I would have got if I didn't get it built by them?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

You should build it yourself, you will manage it. And you will have all the manuals and boxes as well as the extra 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

You should build it yourself, you will manage it. And you will have all the manuals and boxes as well as the extra 20 quid.

Would I really be able to do it? I'm completely new to this but I have seen one video of a pc being built and it looks straight forward. But I would need info on how to build it still.

pepper180 wrote: »
    Would I really be able to do it? I'm completely new to this but I have seen one video of a pc being built and it looks straight forward. But I would need info on how to build it still.

Of course you would as long as you have opposable thumbs you should be fine, you might be a bit confused when it's all there in front of you but take your time and any problems would be sorted by posting on here.

I'm sure someone local to you would help if really needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

PC Building is really just painting by numbers. :) Plug the Wotzit into the Thingy then connect the Dongles to the Watchamacalits and Bingo, a PC!

Tons of Guides out there and you can always ask here if you really need help. :)

I was never good at lego... I think i'll pass..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Where are you based?
    If you want to learn someone on the forum will help you out building it if you live near someone.

I don't know the answer to your original question about the boxes though. My guess would be they will send them all. One thing to note is they won't mount any big CPU heatsinks as they could get damaged in transit.

I was never good at lego... I think i'll pass..

Wuss;)

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Where are you based?
    If you want to learn someone on the forum will help you out building it if you live near someone.

I don't know the answer to your original question about the boxes though. My guess would be they will send them all. One thing to note is they won't mount any big CPU heatsinks as they could get damaged in transit.

I'm based in Cavan.

Wuss;)

Wuss or sensible? ;) Known me, I'd fry the motherboard or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

To be honest I don't blame pepper180 for not wanting to build it . If he has no knowledge on building then I'd just pay the 20euros and have it ready . Plus he'll have to install the CPU,Heatsink and graphics card so that could be a starting point I guess. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Im in the same boat. I'm gonna pay the 20 first time just to be sure. If I'm upgrading in the future I'll do it myself. I didn't knowabout the CPU and the graphics card. Nice bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I thought hwvs installed the cpu if you go for the pre built option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Maybe its just after Market Heatsinks/coolers they dont install.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

My parts all arrived today, going to build later when I get home.

Thats one of the reasons you buy a custom pc, to build it. You are missing the point.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Maybe its just after Market Heatsinks/coolers they dont install.
    Yeah I think it's just aftermarket heatsinks . But I know for a fact the don't install the graphics card . But that just slots in so it's a piece of cake ;)

jack888 wrote: »
    My parts all arrived today, going to build later when I get home.

Thats one of the reasons you buy a custom pc, to build it. You are missing the point.
    I'm not trying to be a ass or anything but your kind of missing the point . Different people have different motivations for getting a custom pc . Mine is for games others for different forms of entertainment and some for the thrill of building . But if somebody wants to build a pc why not have them just install the CPU and graphics card since it's a start and then when they want to upgrade they can but from scratch . Just my 2 cents ( or two and a half ) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be a ass or anything but your kind of missing the point . Different people have different motivations for getting a custom pc . Mine is for games others for different forms of entertainment and some for the thrill of building . But if somebody wants to build a pc why not have them just install the CPU and graphics card since it's a start and then when they want to upgrade they can but from scratch . Just my 2 cents ( or two and a half ) :)

Ok, but you need to remember you are the support for your pc. If something goes wrong in the future you cant send it back to Hardwareversand to fix and you cant call up Dell technical support:), so it might be a good idea to build yourself so you are properly equipped.

Also, you will be much more comfortable with future upgrades and happy build wasnt a rush job.

jack888 wrote: »
    blobby360 wrote: »

Ok, but you need to remember you are the support for your pc. If something goes wrong in the future you cant send it back to Hardwareversand to fix and you cant call up Dell technical support:), so it might be a good idea to build yourself so you are properly equipped.

Also, you will be much more comfortable with future upgrades and happy build wasnt a rush job.
    I agree 100% but at the same time not everyone knows what's involved in building a pc and I personally think it good to have a way off getting your pc started and you finishing it . And also if you are putting upward of 500 euros or more you should really have some basic knowledge in pc's to start . And if something does happen to your pc I guess you could just come here for some advice ......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Best thing to do: open your old pc. Looks inside. Then do " hmmmmmmm ". ????????? . biuld new pc.

Good point above. You will be your own tech support. So might aswell get your hands dirty. Will be less stressful later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

Case in point, I recently had my PC go OMG I REFUSE TO BOOT LOL on me, I ended up spending a good 8 hours stripping, cleaning, rebuilding etc, to find out one of the PCIe Power connectors had frayed and was causing it to short. I also used that as an Excuse to buy some new hardware. ;)

Replaced the cable with another (yay for modular PSUs) and all is well.

Long story short: 8 Hours of stressful mucking about to fix it yourself is better than 4 weeks for Dell to do it. And you learn things too! :D

First time I built my PC, I was so scared putting in the Graphics Card, I was so worried I would break the PCIe slot, or the connector, or TOUCH THE PCB AND MAKE IT EXPLODE like we are warned about. Now I regularly grab stuff and yank it out. It's all about taking the first steps and gaining confidence.

• Advertisement

does anyone actually have an answer to my question? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

does anyone actually have an answer to my question? :eek:
    i was just about to ask that. im curious about it too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

No one ever answered this....do they send all the manuals?

Do they install the CPU?

Do they do a good job building the machine?

If it doesn't work do you just send the whole thing back?

The problem is, anyone who frequents this forum probably built it themselves.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    The problem is, anyone who frequents this forum probably built it themselves.
    Ah I don't know, looks like two thirds-ish% build themselves.

Ah I don't know, looks like two thirds-ish% build themselves.
    Of the regular posters?? Closer to 90% my guess. Start a poll!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Of the regular posters?? Closer to 90% my guess. Start a poll!
    Nope, of total users, don't think a poll will be any good, I doubt the one off boardies will keep an eye on the Forum once they get whatever it is they're after.

Nope, of total users, don't think a poll will be any good, I doubt the one off boardies will keep an eye on the Forum once they get whatever it is they're after.
    That's my point though. Of the irregular users who get their rigs built for them, few will stick around to read this thread, let alone respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Speaking as an "irregular poster", and one who probably won't upgrade my PC for 5 years or more after just ordering, I chose to build myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Either way build it yourself or not pc's are there to be enjoyed and your always learning : )

Advertisement