Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I think you get sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You can add leagues mid game now so just do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

AdamD wrote: »
    I tried that when I took the job just in case but it was the lowest option it would give me. Doesnt let me select anything lower.

I'd have guessed getting sacked myself. Should have thought about this before putting so much effort in to planning for next season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anybody want to suggest me good players to bring in to a first division LOI club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anybody want to suggest me good players to bring in to a first division LOI club?

Paul Dunphy from Dublin Bus is a brillaint striker for a first div side
    Paul Smyth is another top winger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

Before I bought this game heard it was "too easy", but I think it is much harder than last years and previous games! Was managing Liverpool, got to march and I was 5th in the league, 4th was still very much a possibility, but got sacked with about 8 games to go:confused:

Started a new game the next day then, again with Liverpool, fairing better this time around but still find it difficult. Transfer fees seem to be way up, was looking for a decent forward prior to my second season but couldn't get one at a reasonable price (ended up getting Babacar for €13m), and selling players is extremely difficult, cannot get rid of Joe Cole (realistic I guess!). Game is great though, really notice contract negotiations and interacting with players have improved, and little details are a lot easier to find, nice touches to the game.

Im top of the league with luverpool in about february. In league cup final. Pools defence very good and easy set up. Spent no money on first team players.

Main issue I see with pool is the high number of average players on high wages that will need to be cleared.out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Dempsey wrote: »
    Oh I know where the fake files are and what to do but in that particular save, the files were reloaded as part of verifying the game cache.

Tis annoying to make a new game and then realise just a couple of hours of playing that some setting isnt right and it sucks the enjoyment right out of it

Agh!! Just realised the same thing happened to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

keane2097 wrote: »

Paul Dunphy is class in the 1st Division, 18 goals in 20 games for me.

Sweeney (Shane I think) animal of a centre back.

You can get Gareth Williams as well but he'll cost you a bit in wages.

Dave O'Connor is a handy left midfielder and Cooke is a good central midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Paul Dunphy is class in the 1st Division, 18 goals in 20 games for me.

Sweeney (Shane I think) animal of a centre back.

You can get Gareth Williams as well but he'll cost you a bit in wages.

Dave O'Connor is a handy left midfielder and Cooke is a good central midfielder.

Dave O'Connor is class...have him at my Workington game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Never had this happen before. Three OG's in 1 game!

ogresult.png

I'm doing well. I am finding it easier than last year. I finished 3rd in my first season making 2 signings in January. Darron Gibson for €1.2m and Ola Toivonen for €6m.

Lost two starters and 5 squad members in the summer so brought in Mohammed Abu, Heinz Müller and Mark Van Bommel on frees. Hamit Altintop for €3.7m, Niko Kranjcar for €3m and Simone Pepe for €1.8m. Currently top, 2 ahead of Bayer and 7 ahead of Bayern at Christmas. Pepe is a bit of a lunatic, 8 yellows and 2 reds in 15 games. Got drawn in to a tough group with Barca and PSG(feckin 3rd seeds they were!). Only finished 3rd so I go into the Europa League I think.

I noticed on my Japanese league DB there is a 5th division team named Black Pecker :pac:. If I win the league this year I'll resign and go manage them for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

[QUOTE=Oatesy23;75278886

There is a 27 league kitpack HERE.
    .[/QUOTE]

Hey I got these kits but can't figure our the file structure... have them in 'documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/graphics/kits...' do I need them inside another folder again?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Julez wrote: »
    Hey I got these kits but can't figure our the file structure... have them in 'documents/sports interactive/football manager 2012/graphics/kits...' do I need them inside another folder again?

Did you extract the file you downloaded? It's a .rar so you need to extract it with WinRAR.

Extract the kits.rar file to the structure you listed above and you should get a bunch of folders named by league that has all the kits in them. Then it should work(after you go into preferences, go to Display and Sound, untick ''Use skin cache'' and tick ''Always reload skin on confirm then press confirm).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I am sick and tired of the totally unrealistic serious injuries in every game.
    Usually 4 mins to 15 mins in!
    I've played 5 games and had 2 x 3 month layoffs and a two 3-4 week ones.
    I mean come on - do they not test these games at all?
    Totally spoiling the enjoyment and making me thinking of going back to Fm2011

Another moan is changing player prices with patches.
    Moussa Sissoko started of as 10 million, now he is 22 million in 12.0.4??!!

AdamD wrote: »

Yes, but they dont actually get added untill the next the next season in my game. Always shows as "from 9, 7, 2012"

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

all was going grand, with a large database when I started my second season tho' the game has gone v slow. takes an age to open new screens etc. anyone else experiencing this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ding Dong wrote: »
    all was going grand, with a large database when I started my second season tho' the game has gone v slow. takes an age to open new screens etc. anyone else experiencing this?

No, what are your specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

In my third season with Dortmund. Damiao is on fire this year. I'm only in the middle of October and he has 21 goals in 14 appearances.

Absolute beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Injuries are a bollix in this game. Both right wingers and now my only attacking mid is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dumped out of the Champions League 1/4 Finals by Man Utd... Devastation!

That's three or four matches in a row my formation had to be completely altered to something unconventional coz of injuries.

• Advertisement

In my third season with Dortmund. Damiao is on fire this year. I'm only in the middle of October and he has 21 goals in 14 appearances.

Absolute beast!

Dortmund eh?
    Then you have the next Messi - Gotze?
    Trying to buy him for 60 million, wont sell, "should be considered a definate purhase"

Bought Damiao for Chelsea, but not giving him enough starts, now he has broken his leg and out for 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

So how many hours has everybody clocked up so far...

I'm at 110 hours:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FM view made a guide, you might learn some things

http://www.fm-view.com/fm12-guide.html

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Great game i think. i bought Ganso he truning out to be a great singing. also bought this 18 year old Zakaria Labyad.

My game Interface seems to be different to all your screenshots though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Dortmund eh?
    Then you have the next Messi - Gotze?
    Trying to buy him for 60 million, wont sell, "should be considered a definate purhase"

Bought Damiao for Chelsea, but not giving him enough starts, now he has broken his leg and out for 3 months!

Wouldn't sell him for any money. He's immense, if there was some sort of point for assist to an assist he'd be ridiculous. But as it is he tears up the left wing. I have Christian Eriksen in the AMC and then Hamsik pulling strings behind them.

This is the year I conquer Europe I think, everything is falling in to place!

EDIT: Damiao just hit a hattrick against Gladbach. Instant legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

No, what are your specs?

not sure of the specs but its a Dell Alienware laptop which is a gaming laptop. thats what i dont get.

Just found another bug I think.
    Even though I handle contract renewals,
    I get advice not to renew a player as they are not good enough and then the next update is "Its a proud day, watched by his family and manager as little Johnny signs his first professional contract" WTF????????????

ShaneU wrote: »
    FM view made a guide, you might learn some things

http://www.fm-view.com/fm12-guide.html

Just be aware its a 58mb PDF!

Another right winger is injured. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just found another bug I think.
    Even though I handle contract renewals,
    I get advice not to renew a player as they are not good enough and then the next update is "Its a proud day, watched by his family and manager as little Johnny signs his first professional contract" WTF????????????

Are you handling u19 contract renewals? Was that particular contract provisionally signed before you made changes to how u19 contracts are handled?

Advertisement