Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dempsey wrote: »
    Are you handling u19 contract renewals? Was that particular contract provisionally signed before you made changes to how u19 contracts are handled?

The assistant was handling renewals and then when it started happening I changed it to me.
    Now i have a player who has just signed but who isnt good enough.
    This happened automatically without me being given the choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The assistant was handling renewals and then when it started happening I changed it to me.
    Now i have a player who has just signed but who isnt good enough.
    This happened automatically without me being given the choice!

On a youth contract or a professional one?

On a youth contract or a professional one?

He went from youth to his first professional one

That seems like a bug alright. Found a change that was implemented half arsed.

In Scottish Football, you can turn professional at 16 as opposed to 17 in England. Before you could turn them pro at 16 and have them full time training but the muppets at SI decided that you can only do full time training in the senior or reserve squads.

Was hoping to give them extra training, cant unless I take them out of the youth squad!

Another weird one is Hamsik
    Had offer accepted for 25 million.

Report says he will probably look for wages of between 105 and 150k a week.
    Agent says his player wants 60k on first offer!
    So bit his hand off obviously!

This was in the first season Jan transfer window.
    If I try in July first season, then he does want 140k ??????

• Advertisement

Another weird one is Hamsik
    Had offer accepted for 25 million.

Report says he will probably look for wages of between 105 and 150k a week.
    Agent says his player wants 60k on first offer!
    So bit his hand off obviously!

This was in the first season Jan transfer window.
    If I try in July first season, then he does want 140k ??????

How old was the report? I usually get a report the day before I bid so that I have the best possible idea of his interest and wages

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I can see what everyone is saying about injuries! I keepo getting horrible long term ones in my squad.

Into season 2 with Newcastle. Filled the gaps as much as possible but didnt have a lot of money to spend. Started off badly and all season couldn't score many goals. Ended up finishing 8th (as per expectation) with League Cup Final loss and FA Cup Semi so not TOO bad.

Signed Asamoah Gyan from Sunderland to try get me some goals and so far this season he's scored 10 goals in 6 games. Great signing for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not having many injury problems here. Most serious one has been my backup striker who broke his foot in the first season.

The rest haven't been any longer than a month, this season I have stayed completely healthy and it's February!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Take a look at this fella

51AD7F30F3DC4FF4876E9E1CB3D64DDD-0000344797-0002624966-00800L-20C77FBE9F9F4A4D9AC738D789E6B916.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

sorry probably a stupid question but does anyone know the best and safest place to download the facepacks and badges, never done it before but said i'd do it for FM 2012!

• Advertisement

How can a 15 year old be 6'6'' :D

sorenhsvy_1.png

And of course, after I posted above last night about staying Injury free all season, I lose my LW to a hamstring injury and he's out for the rest of the season :(

Sounds like a bug or they are just putting in his eventual height out of laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Fecking wolves knocked me out in the 5th round of the fa cup. The board were not impressed. Bloddy rooney always injured out for rest of reason now. Cleverley turning into quality though!

I'm getting seriously pissed off with all these injuries. n my last 3 games i've had to make 3 forced subs in each game due to injuries. It's like I get an injury everytime someone steps onto the pitch!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm getting seriously pissed off with all these injuries. n my last 3 games i've had to make 3 forced subs in each game due to injuries. It's like I get an injury everytime someone steps onto the pitch!

Me too, Now I cheat and save the game before every match

Sounds like a bug or they are just putting in his eventual height out of laziness.

I know a lad who was like 6 4 when he was 15/16...so its possible just not all that common

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Ya me 2 half my squad out finding myself trying to get loans to cover. Joke!

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Fecking wolves knocked me out in the 5th round of the fa cup. The board were not impressed. Bloddy rooney always injured out for rest of reason now. Cleverley turning into quality though!

I just signed Cleverly for Newcastle. He was put on the transfer list at United so i snapped him up.

Just played his first game for me, decent performance. Hopefully he can improve into a super player.
    Me too, Now I cheat and save the game before every match
    mrmorgan wrote: »
    Ya me 2 half my squad out finding myself trying to get loans to cover. Joke!

Half of my squad is out at the moment and the injuries keep stacking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was on to the guys on the SI forum giving out about injuries and he said it wasn't a bug and was realistic and closed my thread. I ended up with this formation Picture%2B1.png for one match coz my right winger and my sub right winger both got injured. :mad:

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    I was on to the guys on the SI forum giving out about injuries and he said it wasn't a bug and was realistic and closed my thread. I ended up with this formation Picture%2B1.png for one match coz my right winger and my sub right winger both got injured. :mad:

Did you win the game in which you used this formation

Another 2 games, another 7 injuries.

This is getting ridiculous!

Another 2 games, another 7 injuries.

This is getting ridiculous!

There's something wrong with your game or maybe you are over working your players in training? There's no way it can be like that for you and I have no injuries.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    There's something wrong with your game or maybe you are over working your players in training? There's no way it can be like that for you and I have no injuries.

I thought it might be training so I pulled back on it ages ago but it's not working.

A lot of them aren't long term. A lot of them are "12 days to 2 weeks" but it's frustrating when your players can't get through a full game.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

I'm on default settings, havent touched the training and all the players are happy with it

I'm with Mr Stuffins,mainly a few days to 2 weeks, but how can a player you have just signed get a broken leg in the first session of training

Do a google search for fm 2012 injuries - some interesting results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cant say Ive been having many problems with injuries, a few 3-4 day injuries but nothing out of the norm. I did have 3 of 5 strikers injured at 1 stage but as in real life... these things happen :)

busyliving wrote: »
    I know a lad who was like 6 4 when he was 15/16...so its possible just not all that common

Did he get much taller than that as he got older?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've only had a handful of injures (other than the likes of dead leg and stuff where they miss two or three days) but only one of them has been long term (seven months) and my team gets pushed hard in training. You may want to have a look at the actual players on the off chance they are injury prone.

I thought it might be training so I pulled back on it ages ago but it's not working.

A lot of them aren't long term. A lot of them are "12 days to 2 weeks" but it's frustrating when your players can't get through a full game.

What are your players conditions normally at?

Mainly 90% and above?

• Advertisement

How good are your physios and how many do you have is another factor i believe

Advertisement