Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Shamrock Rovers not Blackburn ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm after buying the IOS version of this so I can take my addiction on the go. Don't know if this was a wise move, hopefully its not great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Bertser wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers not Blackburn ;)

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I downloaded a pack, with faces, Logos etc in it.Now ive gone about installing it, but for some reason the Logo's and Crests are the only thing which seem to be working.Any one have a idea on how to get the face packs working?

LOL!

Didn't last too long anyway, board accepted a crappy bid from Torino full of monthly clauses and stupid installments amounting to a measly £2.8m, made worse by the fact FC Copenhagen had a £4m bid for him upfront which he turned down :( 64 goals in 87 games and a profit isn't bad though I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

When will the official Steam update for the Jan transfer window be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Usually around march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

So i am in my third season in the premier league with my boston united team,doing well just won the fa cup and finished the season sixth.I was really enjoying this game,i have been with them since the blue square north and then out of the blue came this jonathanboylenewsinbox.png it was a bit of shock to see real madrid want me but as you can see when i saw the budget i could not believe it.so i save the boston game for another time and now i am of on my crazy spanish spending spree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    So i am in my third season in the premier league with my boston united team,doing well just won the fa cup and finished the season sixth.I was really enjoying this game,i have been with them since the blue square north and then out of the blue came this jonathanboylenewsinbox.png it was a bit of shock to see real madrid want me but as you can see when i saw the budget i could not believe it.so i save the boston game for another time and now i am of on my crazy spanish spending spree.

That's a pretty nice budget you have got!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

BohsJohnny wrote: »

They give you that much of a transfer and wage budget but a measly £29.5K per week contract? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So I bought this yesterday and decided to start with Crawley Town. Immediately sacked the entire U18 squad as they were all rubbish and had no potential. Got a new assistant manager, some new coaches, physios and scouts. Looking to improve the first team a bit during pre-season as well.

£200,000 transfer budget which is not too shabby for League 2, but the wage budget is almost maxed and there are a few players who are way overpaid that I am struggling to move on. It looks set to be an interesting challenge.

One thing I noticed is that Team Talks are a lot harder compared to 2011. I had it all sussed, but now I'm struggling to say the right things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Interact with the board - funds to buy a player

Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically trigger this on every new game?

On my current Newcastle save, I got them to spend 6 million on Christian Eriksen, but I cant get them to do it again on any new game?

I think that this is also an extra spend to any transfer funds they give you, so if they give you 8 milliion at the start, its actually 8 + 6 (or new player)

Obviously it doesnt work with silly money buys, but it does for a reasonable amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So I bought this yesterday and decided to start with Crawley Town. Immediately sacked the entire U18 squad as they were all rubbish and had no potential. Got a new assistant manager, some new coaches, physios and scouts. Looking to improve the first team a bit during pre-season as well.

£200,000 transfer budget which is not too shabby for League 2, but the wage budget is almost maxed and there are a few players who are way overpaid that I am struggling to move on. It looks set to be an interesting challenge.

One thing I noticed is that Team Talks are a lot harder compared to 2011. I had it all sussed, but now I'm struggling to say the right things.

:eek::eek:

Posh fcuker!! ;)

kryogen wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Posh fcuker!! ;)

That's what I thought! I only ended up spending £45k of that though. Loan players whose wages I didn't have to pay are filling the rest of the gaps.

Looks like a great achievement judging by the other teams in that group, well done man!

Lost 6-3 on aggregate to Man City in the Last 16 but still good progress :)

EDIT: Thanks kryogen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

One of my players just scored a double hattrick!! Was hoping he would make 7 but I am pretty pleased that he scored 6

Mc Love wrote: »
    One of my players just scored a double hattrick!! Was hoping he would make 7 but I am pretty pleased that he scored 6

If he'd made 7 you'd just have hoped he made 8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    I often get that in preseason. I once had my main striker score 11 goals in the one match! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I often get that in preseason. I once had my main striker score 11 goals in the one match! :cool:

Check this one out -

*Not my game but I remember reading about this guy on the sicommunity site ages ago, the legendary player Andrew Smylie.

Goddamn.jpg

Very cool story actually, guy took Knockbreda in the NI league and made them into a Euro force and this mental regen turns up and scores 3000 career goals or thereabouts. Used to have the thread on the forum over there but not sure if it's still there or not, definitely worth a look if you're an FM fan.

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Andrew_Smylie

Something I've always fancied trying, but he put shocking time into the challenge and I just wouldn't have that patience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Found the thread, worth a read if you have a spare half hour, it's pretty incredible.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/135595-FM08-Knockbreda-F.C-1-Man.-3-000-Dreams?highlight=andrew+smylie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I remember Andrew Symlie!!

I was looking at the screenshot thinking "how the f*** does karma have Andrew Smylie? Wait, he was a regen! Wasnt he?" :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

NepentheZ has inspired Smylie to goalscoring feats that are beyond words with Knockbreda on FM08
    NepentheZ... Where have I heard that name before?

How does Smylie's finishing change so much from the first to second season and how does the composure deteriorate so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Smylie was unreal. I remember that thread!!!
    NepentheZ... Where have I heard that name before?

The FIFA 12 youtube commentator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Smylie was unreal. I remember that thread!!!

The FIFA 12 youtube commentator?
    Yeah that's it!

Im in the year 2036 in one of my saves and have never come across this Smylie guy :(

Oh, I see it now, it was in the 08 game.... thought it was 2012 game cause of the thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bloody hell - 15 goals in one game!?!

• Advertisement

Finished top of the group the season after with Rovers in a group with Man Utd, Juventus and Shakhtar on 15 points, was hoping for an easier draw in the last 16 but got Chelsea, went out. Losing 3 vital players now as they won't renew contracts, will be hard to replace.

Advertisement