Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

anyone wanna play a network game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

El Spearo wrote: »
    anyone wanna play a network game?

The thing I'll say against a network game, despite it being incredibly fun, is getting people available at the same time. You need people to be available for at least 3/4 hours at a time or you'll get nowhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheDoc wrote: »
    Weird session last night.

I think you want the snapshot of your season thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anderson has generated massive interest from abroad and is valued at £20 so I might be able to sneak £30 for him

£30 for Anderson seems like a pretty good deal! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Definitely be buying the Watford kits this year :D

388003_10151004872632616_741217890_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone ever have a tycoon takeover a LOI club? Or seen it happen. I havent seen takeovers at all in the game (at least in Ireland) I'm managing Limerick at the moment and Pat O'Sullivan is very mean with the spending and we are in the black and have a healthy balance too, i.e. not running at a loss.

Not a tycoon so to speak but my club was taken over the month after I got the job. Every few months the owner just gives me between £2m and £6m. It's great, it's the only time you hear from him too :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not a tycoon so to speak but my club was taken over the month after I got the job. Every few months the owner just gives me between £2m and £6m. It's great, it's the only time you hear from him too :D

ANd that was for a LOI club? Thats deadly

Mc Love wrote: »
    ANd that was for a LOI club? Thats deadly

Belgium. First division when I joined which was when I was getting £2m/£3m. Once I got promoted to the Pro League it went up to £6m. Hopefully it keeps going up with my performances. I rely on free transfers so nearly all my money goes to wage. I dont get it all, only something like 60% goes to transfers.

I wouldnt have been able to sign such good players without it meaning I probably wouldnt have got promoted so quickly (first full season).

In LOI I've always had to make a board request for more funds. 50-50 as to the answer I got. Seen someone take over a LOI club (think it was Derry) but it's never happened me there. This Belgian one is my first :D

In a bit of a crisis - need a ST for my LOI side, my current star player failed to get a work permit, and signed for some Argentinian team :(

He currently has 42 goals from 39 appearances, and I am going to be lost without him next season.

Anyone have suggestions for Strikers to look for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mc Love wrote: »
    In a bit of a crisis - need a ST for my LOI side, my current star player failed to get a work permit, and signed for some Argentinian team :(

He currently has 42 goals from 39 appearances, and I am going to be lost without him next season.

Anyone have suggestions for Strikers to look for?

Long time since I've played with real players (it's 2023 in my game), but back in 2013 I signed a lad called Roland Bergkamp from Brighton and he did well for my Crawley Town side in League 1 and the Championship.

Depending on what year you're in and what your budgets are like you could take a look at him and try tempt him to Ireland. I paid 24,000 for him.

Nah he wouldnt come to Limerick. Could have gotten him for nothing as his contract was expired. Just signed Ryan Noble (although he is injury prone :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Getting seriously annoyed now.I don't think I've won a league game in 13 games.Understandable if morale is low but everyone has at least fairly good morale and average match ratings of around 7. In the relegation zone now and I don't know what to do.Its like the team enjoy losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Really struggling lads. Havent played any of the last 5-6 series and i'm lost.
    I've played about 2-3 hours of the game but the amount of work that needs to be done is crazy - tactic's, training, scouting, finances. I'm afraid to play anything other then friendlies until i get my house in order.

Or should I just go for it and pick it up as I go along.

Anyone got a guide or a link they could recommend. I downloaded one that was recommended a few pages back and its 280 pages long, f**k that.

I'm managing a Npower league 2 team btw.

I'd be reluctant to download any super tactic or anything like that but I'm all for advice/downloads on training schedules, scouting and backroom staff recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^

Or to put it another way.

When you start a new game (with a LLT) what are the first 5 thing you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

1)The team: I have a set formation I like to play, so i will assess the team and see what kind of level the existing players are at and who can fit into it. Look at positions where players are weak or not covered.

2)The tactics: After assessing the team, tweak teh tactics. If my wingers are stronger than my center midfield, maybe i'll focus the ball out wide to begin with. Or, if you are coming cold, build your formation based on what strengths you have. Loads of good midfielders: play narrower.

3)Transfers: Get players in to improve or cover weak positions. Obviously dependant on money in the bank. If i start of at a low club with little money, i'll try and get the big earners off the payroll too, unless indispensible.

4)Training: Sort out the coaches. I always try and get a good technical and attacking coach in. Assign them to different parts of training and let them do the job. Any players with stamina less than 10 i'll assign to fintness training. Again dependent on club resources.

5)Fixtures: Setup loads of friendlys to try out the players and formations. I always have a couple of games against complete no-hopers to see what the players do, before going on to tougher fixtures. get match fitness for at least 20 players

Really struggling lads. Havent played any of the last 5-6 series and i'm lost.
    I've played about 2-3 hours of the game but the amount of work that needs to be done is crazy - tactic's, training, scouting, finances. I'm afraid to play anything other then friendlies until i get my house in order.

Or should I just go for it and pick it up as I go along.

Anyone got a guide or a link they could recommend. I downloaded one that was recommended a few pages back and its 280 pages long, f**k that.

I'm managing a Npower league 2 team btw.

I'd be reluctant to download any super tactic or anything like that but I'm all for advice/downloads on training schedules, scouting and backroom staff recommendations.

I was like you a few weeks ago.Hadn't played the series since CM 03/04. I started a game with Crewe Alexandra not having a clue what I was doing. Learned stuff gradually by just messing around with different options.Got fired in November but I knew how to play after that.Started a new game with Dag and Red and in the 4th season pushing for promotion in League 1.

I just went for a basic 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and used a bit of trial and error. if you want the names of some good League 2 players just ask.

Sorry for the double post but I have a question. Does anyone know how to reduce the match-day expense at all? It is almost costing me more than wages and along with tax I am being robbed of cash and I don't know if its possible to lower them.Cant even break even each month even though I've only spent around 70% of my wage budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dont worry about it. No matter what club or league you go as you run over cost every month. usually balances itself out at the end of the season etc.

Nolars wrote: »
    Dont worry about it. No matter what club or league you go as you run over cost every month. usually balances itself out at the end of the season etc.

But for the last 4 seasons the board have said we don't have any money to upgrade facilities because I'm in the red and the thing is we barely only break even at the end of the season and then the whole process starts again.

• Advertisement

I have made a profit every season and they havent updated facilities at all! They did relay the pitch though and buy the stadium from its owners so at least I am thankful for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can anyone tell me why teams in the League of Ireland are producing amazing 18/19 year old youths for €65k? lol
    I dont have it set to playable if that could be the cause. Either way Im getting them all for free because they are all on youth contracts :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

There's an under 19 champions league in the game,I never knew that.

Yeah I spotted it in one of my saves - means jack all really! Dont think you get any money from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Is there any way to put Celtic into the premier league? Some form of custom database out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Is there any way to put Celtic into the premier league? Some form of custom database out there?

Yes you can. You have to go to game editor to do it. But if you take Celtic from SPL, you need to put a new team or existing team so that there will be twelve teams in that league.
    And when you add Celtic to the premier league you will have to remove one team so that its 20 team league. You could just replace Celtic with one team from premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bit of a weird question but sure here it is.

Do you ever get attached to a certain player and no matter how good or how bad they are, you just couldn't sell them.

For example, I bought Lavezzi for 20mill a club record in my first season with Arsenal. And when he would play he would bang the Goals in.

Now I'm 6 seasons in and He's 33. While he might not get starting since i bought Leandro Damiao. He's always on my bench and when ever I need a Goal in the dying minutes he's always the one who comes up with the goods.

No matter how much someone offered I wouldn't sell him and no matter how old he gets I will always offer him a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Yes you can. You have to go to game editor to do it. But if you take Celtic from SPL, you need to put a new team or existing team so that there will be twelve teams in that league.
    And when you add Celtic to the premier league you will have to remove one team so that its 20 team league. You could just replace Celtic with one team from premier league.
    No idea how to do that, but I found this:
    Background

After years of discussion the English FA have announced that both Celtic and Rangers have been allowed to enter the english league system at Blue Square North level.

The Challenge

Choose either Celtic or Rangers and compete with your most bitter rivals in a race from the Blue Square North to the Premier League.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/94208-celtic-verses-rangers-race-premier-league.html#post1449381

Think I'll give that a bash, more realistic

Anyone know how to stop the team from taking long shots? Its so annoying.My midfielders and strikers are just hoofing it from everywhere and not even getting it on target.I want to cut it out completely and don't know how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Downloaded a transfer update today. Has a ton of updates. Dunno who to be now.

Advertisement