Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Anyone on a mac?

How do you minimize the game or put it in a window so I can do something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mikemac wrote: »
    Anyone on a mac?

Should be an option in preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 31,866 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone on a mac?

Command and Tab worked for me after numerous tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I got a email on Wednesday evening saying the Football Manager 12 was dispatched. Should I be expecting to get the game tomorrow? Ordered the game from the UK btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You probably narrowly missed Friday delivery

You should have it tomorrow

• Advertisement

You probably narrowly missed Friday delivery

You should have it tomorrow

Fingers crossed i'm having serious withdrawl symptoms :pac:

Watford strikers CAN'T SCORE FOR ****ING ****!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mars bar wrote: »
    Watford strikers CAN'T SCORE FOR ****ING ****!! :mad:

What do you expect when Iwelumo starts for them?? :pac: Is Sordell not good?

SantryRed wrote: »
    What do you expect when Iwelumo starts for them?? :pac: Is Sordell not good?

Iwelumo is ****!

Sordell is the best of a bad bunch but by christ, the amount of times shots have been ballooned high and wide, have hit the post or have been saved by the keeper in one-on-one situations is bizarre.

And CDWow aren't releasing the game on their end until the 28th because their order didn't come in on time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I've jumped right in at the deep end and randomly got York in the Blue Square.... A right culture shock for me. (I usually start with a mid table Premier team to get my bearings) Media has predicted a 5th place finish for us end of the season, currently 16 games in and struggling. I lost 3 of my 4 strikers (2 with 6-8months rehab) before the September deadline. Ended up throwing Michael Ricketts a lifeline. And seriously struggling in 11th (8 wins/4 Draws/4 lost, Can't seem to score at all. Loads of quality possession per game but the finishing is Awful. Fans starting to get up on my back as well.

Hopefully it'll pick up once I can actually put 2 strikers up front. Ricketts seems to stop play far too much for us. I've tried retraining 2 Attacking Midfielders, but I'm not sure how long it takes to convert them to Strikers?

Overall impression is good all the same. A tweaking of the previous editions. I'm still not a fan of the press conference stuff. Tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do people actually bother with the press conferences? I've stopped giving a toss about them and have my assistant take them over. Just make sure he has high enough stats in motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do people actually bother with the press conferences? I've stopped giving a toss about them and have my assistant take them over. Just make sure he has high enough stats in motivation.

Nope, now I am labelled "media shy" but I dont care!

Love the way your assistant storms out occasionally after being repeatedly asked the same question!

Finally CDWow have despatched the game. About time. Should have it by Thursday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Anyone found any good wonder kids yet?
    All the old ones (neymar etc) now cost a fortune in price and wages!

Still didn't recieve the game hopefully i'll get it by tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

No snapshot of your story '12 yet so I decided to post here!

Picked Leeds to try and get them back to the glory days :P Media predicted second place finish.

I had to shop in the bargain bin because Bates gave me a 350K transfer budget. Signed Beattie, LuaLua and Hinkel on free transfers.

Started the season well hammering Watford 7-0 at home. Continued the good run up til Xmas and at one stage had a 8 point lead at the summit. However, after xmas I could not string two wins together and slowly slid down the table :mad:

Managed to hold on in the play-off spots while Leicester ran away with the title and West Ham finished second. Beat Birmingham in the semi-final 3-2 over the two legs and hammered Portsmouth in the final 4-0.

Into the top flight now with a very average squad and 24m transfer kitty, will report back :D

At least it's realistic with the annual Leeds after xmas slump :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Start new thread, put pics in also :)

Would ya believe? A striker actually scored for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Where is a good place to download facepacks and skins and the like?

Where is a good place to download facepacks and skins and the like?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk
    http://sortitoutsi.net

• Advertisement

Erikson just got fired in my FM too! :D Now they have replaced him with Gareth Southgate so let's see if my FM is psychic...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Game came today, started off unemployed. Applied for every job going and got turned down. Peterhead and MK Dons to name two. Turned down the Celta job because Pardew got sacked from Newcastle. Shearer gets that job and finally I get a job with Osasuna bottom of the la liga going into October. Wish me luck!!

kojack wrote: »
    Game came today, started off unemployed. Applied for every job going and got turned down. Peterhead and MK Dons to name two. Turned down the Celta job because Pardew got sacked from Newcastle. Shearer gets that job and finally I get a job with Osasuna bottom of the la liga going into October. Wish me luck!!

Where did you order the game from? The Uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Yeah ordered is from amazon posted Friday and came this morning £25 so not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hoping there'll be a megapack released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?

ordered it from 365games.co.uk and still no ****ing sign! :mad:

It was available in HMV for 32 euro, why even order it online?

It was available in HMV for 32 euro, why even order it online?

Ordered it 2 weeks ago didn't think it'd be that cheap in HMV

• Advertisement

Ah sure you'll know for next year. Don't think I've ever paid more than 35 on release day.

Advertisement