Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,866 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

James__10 wrote: »
    ordered it from 365games.co.uk and still no ****ing sign! :mad:

Send them a message or two. That's what I did and they told me their release date was the 28th because they didn't get the stock in on time. Then an hour later they said it was despatched! Should be hear tomorrow.
    It was available in HMV for 32 euro, why even order it online?

It was just under €30 for me online. Didn't think it would be so cheap in HMV...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

My mate is kindly letting me use his steam account. The game is downloading atm :). So when I get the game I might trade it in and use his steam? Anyone know anywhere that i'd be able to trade it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

downloadin ;) u mean? eh let me know if you know what i mean

EdenHazard wrote: »
    downloadin ;) u mean? eh let me know if you know what i mean

Nah i'm not arsed downloading it too much messing about with cracking the game etc. My mate bought the game and told me I could use his steam account to play as well. I just wanted to play the game sick of waiting for it to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Haven't got it yet, in 2 minds whether to bother or not.
    From what I've read seems like its no better than last years really.
    Anyone that played it a good bit, think it's any better or pretty much the same??

• Advertisement

After starting a season with Arsenal and have got off to a terrible start. Anyone able to point me in the right direction tactial wise? Check out the attachements below

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Whats your current tactics? What system/style do you want to play?

I'm currently playing a barca type tactic I've got 2 in the center and 2 wingers just behind 2 strikers and 4 at the back. I want to play good attacking football I would like to have thiago pulling the strings in the centre with tiote doing the defensive bit. In essence I want to be tough to break down and a real handful up front

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So, worth the buy?

I'm currently playing a barca type tactic I've got 2 in the center and 2 wingers just behind 2 strikers and 4 at the back. I want to play good attacking football I would like to have thiago pulling the strings in the centre with tiote doing the defensive bit. In essence I want to be tough to break down and a real handful up front

I'd go with 3 in midfield, one defensive, one support and one attack

Tiote DM/D, Arteta DLP/S, Thiago Trequartista

See attached, something like this has worked for me, you need to tweak team instructions depending on your opposition but fundamentally its a great attacking formation that can work with great results

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Enderman wrote: »
    So, worth the buy?

I think so, but I buy every year on release so maybe not the most impartial, and I have put 35 hours into it so far......

If you like previous versions of FM then you'll like this

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?

If you want to get a digital copy I got it from http://thedugout.dlgamer.co.uk/
    Worked out at €29.

I got the Steam Key in about 5 minutes and had the game downloaded and installed within 30 minutes (but I guess that depends on how quick your BB is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Back when it was Championship Manager I always selected Cambridge United and so I select them for every version
    I would think lots of players have a favourite small team and become fond of them :)

With some canny free signings I got to the fourth round of the FA Cup.
    Alas I got no big payday out of it

Got them promoted to League Two but I overlooked that my contracts have promotion clauses and pay raises.
    My carefully controlled budget has been blown to pieces, the club will be bankrupt by Christmas if I don't slash the top earners :(

On another note, in all my years following and playing football I never heard of Trequartista before this game.
    Maybe that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

howya all. loaed the game, along with the desktop icon and started a game the other night. finished, turned off laptop and last nite started laptop and clicked desktop icon to open the gama again, only it tried to connect to steam via the internet. currently i can only start a game by being connecting to the internet. i can then disconnect the internet and play and save but cant seem to boot from the desktop icon for the cd?? can anyone help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

4-5-1 beats most teams, a couple like West Ham need 4-4-2 to beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ding Dong wrote: »
    howya all. loaed the game, along with the desktop icon and started a game the other night. finished, turned off laptop and last nite started laptop and clicked desktop icon to open the gama again, only it tried to connect to steam via the internet. currently i can only start a game by being connecting to the internet. i can then disconnect the internet and play and save but cant seem to boot from the desktop icon for the cd?? can anyone help on this?

You can play via the deskop icon offline, by setting stream to work offline - it was specifically mentioned by SIGames.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

sorry to sound silly, but where can I set it to offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ding Dong wrote: »
    sorry to sound silly, but where can I set it to offline?

never done it myself, but this link should be all you need:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Does anyone know what the story is with the latest patch or release date?

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the latest patch or release date?

Released today, but not what we were hoping for I think

Football Manager 2012 Update Released

Product Update - Valve
    23:50

Updates to Football Manager 2012 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Training
    ========
    - Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

Competitions
    ===========
    USA
    ===
    - Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.
    - Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.
    - Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General
    =======
    - Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor
    ======
    - Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match
    =====
    - Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone had issue with graphics card failing before start of each match, i get a pause and odd tiem it frezzes most time screen blinks black and game starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Game won't load for me through steam .

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

manafana wrote: »
    anyone had issue with graphics card failing before start of each match, i get a pause and odd tiem it frezzes most time screen blinks black and game starts
    Yeah having the same issue and I have a 4GB graphics card. Just as match is about to start cuts to windows screen and then comes back to the match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Wow, that is very early for a patch to be released. I would imagine there are still plenty of bugs. I usually wait until the first data update to get stuck into it.

dubmick wrote: »
    Wow, that is very early for a patch to be released. I would imagine there are still plenty of bugs. I usually wait until the first data update to get stuck into it.

Hotfixes are common enough though. Generally speaking, football manager is full of bugs, some are noticeable, others rarely are seen or not easy replicated.
    Competition
    ===========
    USA
    ===
    - Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.
    - Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.
    - Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General
    =======
    - Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor
    ======
    - Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match
    =====
    - Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

Training
    ========
    - Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

All stuff that doesnt affect most players but an interesting change to the Goalkeeper training, change you custom schedules accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

my players are dropping like flies. Whats that all about? 6/7 first team injuries within a few weeks of management.

D.Q wrote: »
    my players are dropping like flies. Whats that all about? 6/7 first team injuries within a few weeks of management.

My first in box mail after welcoming me to the club, was telling me a player was injured and out for 4 weeks!

Really hoped they had sorted out the injuries bug

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Got this from FMformation - for those having problems loading the game after the update, try the following:
    If your game fails to load up please try the following:
    Try right-clicking FM in the:
    Steam Library >
    Properties >
    Local Files >
    Verify Integrity Of Game Cache...

This should force the update upon Football Manager 2012, and hopefully it will fix your problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Found my first bug. Under my players pics there's no information so Ican't see which is there strongest foot, estimated value et al.

Good old SI.

Advertisement