Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Advice

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hello all
    i am at that stage where i have to decide on which way to go with my mortgage for the next few years.. the bank have offered me a fixed rate of 5.65% for two years which i dont think is grt or i can go with the standard variable which i think is 4.95% at present but i am obviuosly aware that this is set to rise.. wondered if any one might advise should i take the safe option with the fixed rate or is it worth risking the variable. Is the interest rate set to spiral or will there be two or three rate rises and a levelling off in future... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

I'm in something of a similar situation. I'm just over half way through the mortgage period and am coming out of a 5 year fixed rate. Not too happy about the rates that PTSB are offering. Personally I think that PTSB are a right shower of b**tards. Can't wait for the day I finish with them, already had murder with some staff in my local branch. They're offering a 5.8% LTV variable rate. 2 year fixed at 7.25% and 5 years at 8.75%. The amount in question is relatively small, our mortgage is in two parts. Roll on the next 10 years........

Advertisement