Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding Medicine

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey All.

Im heading into my 4th year of undergrad medicine. With starting in clinics, I just don't think I'm gonna have time for the weekend job. I've managed to save a good bit over the years but nowhere near enough to keep me going for three years.

I know gems get out loans because the course is so intensive that they barely have anytime, I was just wondering about undergrads in medicine, biomed, radiography, pharmacy and physio, how are you guys going to fund your last years? Or how do you fund them now?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

I think undergrads can get the 100K than the GEMS get too, either way
    AIB will throw money at a 4th year!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

Haha thank you.

I think you answered the question I wanted before I asked it :P

Hopefully they'll be generous if I go to see them :P

I'm with Bank of Ireland who I think have a pretty good student loan rep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

spagboll wrote: »
    I think undergrads can get the 100K than the GEMS get too, either way
    AIB will throw money at a 4th year!
    How about a second year? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

i heard 3rd hand that an undergrad went into AIB to get a small car loan, and the bank manager was like "yeah you know we can give you 100K?"

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

No way!!

I guess its a safe bet for banks but Its a bit unfair offering that amount of money to poor students. The temptation :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement