Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Shepard & Pulse ID tags

• 19-07-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I noticed there was no threads about bikeshepard.org so I'm just gonna give it a mention here. Basically, you register your bike, upload a pic and do nothing until your bike is stolen.

Here's the spiel from the website:
    Bike Shepherd was created to fight provide cyclists with tools to protect and recover their bikes. We do this using technology, social networking and a grass-roots approach to give cyclists the power to protect their own bikes. People like you. While global in reach, we work locally, harnessing the energy of your friends, family and fellow cyclists in your neighborhood to look out for each other. Call it a Neighborhood Bike Watch program run by you.

Bike Shepherd is a free platform. Free to register, list, access and use. If you move, the registration moves with you, wherever you are. Registering your bike is the first line of defence. The stats speak for themselves: A registered bike has a 10-20x greater chance of being recovered if stolen. An unregistered bike has a 2-4% chance of finding its way home to you.
    We recommend all cyclists register their bike. Our free registration program helps cyclists, companies, campuses and cities reduce bike related crime and can help you keep your bike safe.

Along with the website, we offer new products and services to stop bike theft in its tracks. Like nifty Bicycle ID Kits and scannable Pulse ID, anti-theft tags that act as a visible deterrent to thieves. They’re trackable, traceable and tough. You can scan a tag with a mobile phone which tells you the status of the bike. If stolen, you can send an alert right from your phone to the owner and our followers and get the word out.

Anywho, I was wondering if there are and B&M stores that do the Pulse Id Tags?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

I'm signing up for this. I was looking at immobilise.com but the registration system is tied to a UK database and can't be checked by Gardai so not much use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Called into CycleBike on Abbey street yesterday and they are getting these in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

what sort of price are the tags?

€10 ish

Great, thanks for the quick responce. Thats €10 for a set of 3 as apposed to a single tag? Must pop by over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Yeah. The sell them on evans and wiggle as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

do the garda know about them (ie. is there any point ?) if they check recovered bikes great but do they

I called into CycleBike over lunch and he is still waiting on them..

do the garda know about them (ie. is there any point ?) if they check recovered bikes great but do they
    Can't imagine they would, since they (i presume) have the serial numbers of bikes reported stolen anyway.

I got my tags, seems like a good idea and hopefully spreads. I noticed 4 bikes stolen already in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement