Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedded/Links to illegally uploaded YouTube videos

Options
  • 19-07-2011 11:48am

To my knowledge, this issue hasn't been raised before in this particular forum: what is boards' policy regarding embedding or linking to illegally uploaded YouTube videos in posts? An extreme instance might be linking to the first fifteen minutes of a movie that's been uploaded in its entirety. Then you've got, say, a link to something fan-made that splices/mashes copyrighted audio and visual.

Not trolling; I'd just like to know what boards' policy is. smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I think this is covered under Section 7 of the site's Terms of Use.

If I may quote:

You are responsible for making sure that you have all rights to what you post, including the rights necessary for you to grant the foregoing licences to same.

You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Material posted by you or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of the Material does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.

Does that answer your question?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Closing on 26th of July under the assumption that I have answered this question to the OP's satisfaction unless I hear back from the OP to the differ before then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement