Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WA 3 weeks what to see

Options
  • 19-07-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all as posted in an earlier thread heading to aus in Jan for 3 weeks holiday. With a few to moving full time later in 2012.

I'm looking for suggestions we must see while there.

I was going to get a camper van for 10 days or so don't mind travelling as am already thinking of heading down as far a Melbourne.

Any info appreciated ive read books researched the net but would like to get some idea's from boardies.

Cheers in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

To be honest, you could spend all of your 3 weeks driving the West Australian coast.

I wouldn't relish 10 days in a campervan in January, especially across the Nullarbor. Have you been here before at this time of year?

Fly where and when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you went north to south I'd go -

- Broome
    - Exmouth
    - Coral Bay
    - Shark Bay
    - Kalbarri
    - Geraldton
    - Cervantes
    - Perth
    - Fremantle
    - Busselton
    - Dunsborough
    - Margaret River
    - Albany

Horrible amount of driving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

If I were you I would not head north in the january heat, you wouldn't want to be getting out of that campervan.

I would head south to busselton, margaret river, denmark, albany and esperance. It is really beautiful down there, the beaches are amazing. It will still be hot but not so unbearable.

You could also hire a car and stay in hostels, there are pleny around. Being January and the Australian school holidays everyplace will be busy over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ellaq wrote: »
    If I were you I would not head north in the january heat,

For me a few degrees more heat is a small price to pay when the alternative is missing out on the north which is imo far more spectacular than south.

Advertisement