Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Broadband to choose

• 19-07-2011 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

I recently moved house and as yet have not got any broadband in, I live in a Rural(ish) area where broadband is available from Eircom, O2 and Vodafone, I have no landline either but would be getting this in with the Broadband too (obviously). I am just wondering which would be best to go with, i see with Vodafone they are offering 40gb per month and Off Peak Calls for €40 which looks pretty good to me, however i will more than likely be using the Broadband for playing Xbox 360 online, does anyone know if 40gb per month would be enough it sounds like it would be more than enough, and also does anyone know can you check your usage, like you do with a Data bundle on the phone.

Also, are there any other packages you think may be better suited to my needs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Mixed feelings about Vodafone on here, my neighbour uses it & reckons it stinks but sticks with it as it's €20 cheaper than the Eircom equivalent.
    40GB a month is plenty for gaming, you only really eat into it downloading films or streaming TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Avoid vodafone home broadband like you would avoid a flesh eating! Smelly! zombie !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Avoid vodafone home broadband like you would avoid a flesh eating! Smelly! zombie !

I would second that.

Trying to get vodafone's internet connection off my landline so I could get eircom to cancel said landline was a struggle worthy of a hollywood movie trilogy.

Come to think of it, eircom are a right shower as well. Never had their internet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Have ordered Eircom now anyway was warned about Vodafone by a couple of people said its a right pain when trying to get something done especially if there is a problem with the phone cause then you have to ring Vodafone who then ring eircom and the whole thing becomes messy at that stage so i figured i might aswell act like vodafone and just deal with Eircom myself

Advertisement