Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

irishweatheronline predicts the summer is about to arrive ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yup for the South and East anyways.

North and West will have to contend with mist and muggyness (though i spose that is what we get as a Summer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's M.T. Cranium from the Daily Forecast thread on here, same forecast. Sounds good to me. :cool:

amxxxf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Bring it on i say with maybe a few continental storms thrown in for good measure:D

not looking too good for my holiday to greenland then:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

As someone considering a week in Donegal early August, should I be getting excited?

• Advertisement

yeah the mist looks beautiful on those dar hills (ok im going now, im hogging this thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

paulocon wrote: »
    As someone considering a week in Donegal early August, should I be getting excited?

Regardless of the weather you should be getting excited anyway because you are heading to Donegal!! ;)

In fairness it is spectacularly beautiful there if the weather is good :D Enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

This forecast could wind up bringing the one thing that is not good for my holiday plans.... a blue sky!

The Cloud Festival in Skibbereen is going to be a bit of a misnomer if there isn't actually one cloud present on the day! lol :rolleyes:

So don't mind if you spot an eskimocat doing a Cloud dance (lesser known cousin of the Rain dance! the rain comes later ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

eskimocat wrote: »
    This forecast could wind up bringing the one thing that is not good for my holiday plans.... a blue sky!

The Cloud Festival in Skibbereen is going to be a bit of a misnomer if there isn't actually one cloud present on the day! lol :rolleyes:

So don't mind if you spot an eskimocat doing a Cloud dance (lesser known cousin of the Rain dance! the rain comes later ;))

WOohooo.... looks like i hav a lead so for the cloud snap photo contest so! ha :)

:P

I really should prepare my talk! .... ha its gonna be the longest 10mins ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

im really hoping for a good(dry) August weekend, the tent is coming out for a week in Kerry!!:D:D cant wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

dexter647 wrote: »
    Bring it on i say with maybe a few continental storms thrown in for good measure:D

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭compsys

Just heard on todayfm that this site is saying from this weekend onwards we're going to get a few weeks of hot weather

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/forecast/long-range-weather-forecast-for-ireland-19th-july/1120.html

Oh God I hope so.

The BBC chart still doesn't look that promising. A lot of low pressure systems close by on the chart run. I know it's not always the most accurate of sites but I always find that unless ALL the charts are pointing towards a warm spell then it rarely, if ever, arrives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/31

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

UKMO not playing ball yet but ECM and GFS both in agreement for a dry warm spell from next week.

Rtavn1741.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

UKMO not playing ball yet

True. 12z UKMO at +144hrs doesn't look the best..........

UW144-21.GIF?19-19

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

UKMO not playing ball yet but ECM and GFS both in agreement for a dry warm spell from next week.

Rtavn1741.png
    Oh please god.. also unpacking my tent for a few days in Galway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

It's M.T. Cranium from the Daily Forecast thread on here, same forecast. Sounds good to me. :cool:

Here's what M.T had to say last Thursday, 14th July.
    The next five or six days will be rather unpleasant but now we have the ECM showing rapid improvement near the end of its ten-day run, similar to the better half of the recent GFS output. Models are not locked in yet, but I would say the odds favour a warmer spell in the last week of July, perhaps even approaching actual "heat" as opposed to warmth which we have already achieved several times this year (granted half of them were in April).
    Tell you what, M.T's knack for picking out trends is fantastic. I know he will say himself that he is not infallible, but as far as this weather enthusiast is concerned, the guy's a Legend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Next 2/3 days are vital on that low centered over Iceland but I think the high's been there too long for it NOT to show up at some point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Already looks to being watered down.mr 564 dam line not as co operative

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

redsunset wrote: »
    Already looks to being watered down.mr 564 dam line not as co operative

Definitely a downgrade this morning with UKMO still having none of it and ECM pulling back a little from yesterday. Will be interesting to see forecasts on RTE today and see will they pull back from their big " Summer is arriving" headlines from yesterday.

Recm1441.gif

Personally Im having none of it (heatwave anyway) but I do think the South and East will get 23 or 24c for a couple of days. West and North misty. 18 or 19c

High is too far South for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Just heard that guy on newstalk Tom Dunne sayin heatwave will be here NEXT week temps up to 29 degrees. Any thoughts? Please say its so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

29 degrees :eek:

its either too hot or too cold:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

ronan45 wrote: »
    Just heard that guy on newstalk Tom Dunne sayin heatwave will be here NEXT week temps up to 29 degrees. Any thoughts? Please say its so :D

I reckon he has read that either on here on the daily forecast thread or on the irishweatheronline website

Met Eireann say low twenties and mist drizzle and fog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It's a wait and see situation but my money is on a few days of warm weather down here next week after that I say roll on the winter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bank holiday weekend forecast is on a cusp. Really hope things turn around next week

Before the June Bank Holiday we were being promised all sorts of heatwaves

Then it happened the Wed Thur and Fri before with 24 or 25c.

Then on bank Holiday Sunday it was 9.4c in Sligo with 15mm of rain eeeek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Long term forecast from yr.no esp for Cork shows something a lot less than a heatwave I'm afraid....

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Cork/long.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah I'm not expecting much from this, maybe a few days with decent temperatures around the 27th but its looking increasingly like the spell at the start of June where it'll quickly get back to the western flow we've been stuck in all summer.

Still a chance it'll turn around but none of the main models are too promising for anything more than a brief spell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

not a hope of a heatwave anyway !!!
    if we'r lucky with might get a few days in a row without rain , thats about the most im hoping for anyway..

sick of this weather , roll on a long snowy winter :D

Advertisement