Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

irishweatheronline predicts the summer is about to arrive ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Warmest run from GFS in a long time. Lets see will ECM and UKMO follow.

Rtavn1741.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

UKMO is looking good for the 27th now as well, only goes to 144h which is the 26th but definite signs that its going in the right direction. 12z ECM rolling out at the moment and so far so good

At this stage I'd just be happy with a few days where I can comfortably wear a t-shirt outside

Edit: This'll do nicely :D

ECM1-168_zuh9.GIF

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A nice upgrade all round i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

NIALL D wrote: »
    not a hope of a heatwave anyway !!!
    if we'r lucky with might get a few days in a row without rain , thats about the most im hoping for anyway..

sick of this weather , roll on a long snowy winter :D

yeah, bring forth the snow, o mighty gods

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

hopefully the fine weather, if it arrives next week, will hold until after the bank holiday.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Siobhan Ryan nearly having a fit on the tele just now in anticipation..."extremely warm" and "extremely humid"...gulp...."mid twenties". Since when was mid twenties "extremely warm"? For this summer I guess maybe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

inabina wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan nearly having a fit on the tele just now in anticipation..."extremely warm" and "extremely humid"...gulp...."mid twenties". Since when was mid twenties "extremely warm"? For this summer I guess maybe....

and if we do get it, after a day you'll hear people complaining :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Had to laugh at her performance tonight. She is turning into a real ramper. Have to love her enthusiastic approach. Imagine what she will be like next Winter when there is a chance of some snow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Had to laugh at her performance tonight. She is turning into a real ramper. Have to love her enthusiastic approach. Imagine what she will be like next Winter when there is a chance of some snow :D

She's actually quite annoying with her repetitions lately, she doesn't come across as a technical forecaster, more a dolly bird reading it out, like those ones RTE got a few years ago in response to Martin King's style on TV3...he aint no meterological expert either.

Evelyn Cusack is a far better presenter, she really knows her stuff and it shows with the maps she's designed in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

She used the word 'soar' twice when talking about the temperature.

I used the word 'phoar' several times and for a moment I did get quite hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'll beleive it when I see it - we havent had a heatwave in this country for 5 years now, not to mention the fact that we haven't had a decent August since 03':(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

piskins72 wrote: »
    and if we do get it, after a day you'll hear people complaining :rolleyes:

....and rightly so, anything over 22 degrees and it becomes extremely uncomfortable, for me anyway. Have a very low tolerance to heat, headaches, sweating, fatigue, can't wait.

GFS 18z even better than 12z

Rtavn1441.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just seen this thread, I don't understand half the lingo you folks talk about :D

just wondering if anyone can tell, is the coming weekend (23rd/24th) supposed to be good, or the one after (30th/31st?), or both, or none? :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

18z shows a good run of weather right through the bank holiday weekend before a breakdown mid week after. So it looks like we're on for a week or so of very good weather :D

Not sure what 18z is :o

So you reckon from maybe the 23rd until the 3rd of August should be nice enough? :)

cormie wrote: »
    Not sure what 18z is :o

So you reckon from maybe the 23rd until the 3rd of August should be nice enough? :)

Lets say from next monday onwards, looking good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Lets say from next monday onwards, looking good :D

This weekend looks pretty good as well, though the further east you are the better. But your right, Monday is when the very warm air reachs us. I'm looking forward to some hot sunny days, but what I'm not looking forward to is the high humidity. Some muggy, sweaty, sleepless nights ahead from Sunday night on.

Thanks for the reports folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Duiske wrote: »
    This weekend looks pretty good as well, though the further east you are the better. But your right, Monday is when the very warm air reachs us. I'm looking forward to some hot sunny days, but what I'm not looking forward to is the high humidity. Some muggy, sweaty, sleepless nights ahead from Sunday night on.

Ah it won't be too bad, would be worse if you were here: http://www.google.ie/search?q=weather+miami&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

ME are saying it will be fresher on Monday with temps mid to high teens.

Fresher??!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

pauldry wrote: »
    ME are saying it will be fresher on Monday with temps mid to high teens.

Fresher??!:mad:

ye I saw that, WTF???? Ms Ryan last night - "extreemly warm"..."Temperatures will soar".....Gulp....."extreemly humid".

Now we are back to fresher....they are all over the place...have they discovered a cold front already??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

That's because the wind could be coming from a northerly direction from the high.it not gonna be cold or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

So its still going to be 25c?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Anything would be better than this morning in Dublin!

11.5c atm and have had over 20mm of rain so far. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Midweek looking like best chance for 25 c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

ye I saw that, WTF???? Ms Ryan last night - "extreemly warm"..."Temperatures will soar".....Gulp....."extreemly humid".

Now we are back to fresher....they are all over the place...have they discovered a cold front already??

No, now let's be fair to her. If you remember, she distinctly made a point about emphasising that Monday would be an exception, saying "temperatures will dip, with a chance of rain", before saying they would rise again thereafter. Go watch it again, she did say it.

There's an update now up on IWO http://www.irishweatheronline.com/forecast/warmer-weather-on-the-way-intermittent-cloud-cover-likely/27779.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Su Campu wrote: »
    No, now let's be fair to her. If you remember, she distinctly made a point about emphasising that Monday would be an exception, saying "temperatures will dip, with a chance of rain", before saying they would rise again thereafter. Go watch it again, she did say it.l
    The remains of Hurricanes Bret and Cindy will be off the west coast on monday.

Slight downgrade on the 6z run for the long run forecast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Slight downgrade on the 6z run for the long run forecast

U make it sound like theres a chance of a snow event happening! ha!

" SOOON IAN SOOON! "... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement