Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

irishweatheronline predicts the summer is about to arrive ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Another slight downgrade. Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Su Campu wrote: »
    No, now let's be fair to her. If you remember, she distinctly made a point about emphasising that Monday would be an exception, saying "temperatures will dip, with a chance of rain", before saying they would rise again thereafter. Go watch it again, she did say it.

There's an update now up on IWO http://www.irishweatheronline.com/forecast/warmer-weather-on-the-way-intermittent-cloud-cover-likely/27779.html

Yes you are right. I remember now:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Typical for this time of year, daily thunderstorms and heavy downpours, weather improves there around October.

As for the "heatwave" here in Ireland, or Cork at least, looks like 21 is the highest we can hope for next Wednesday but there is a lot of cloud around with some rain on Sunday but so far it's looking good for the bank holiday weekend with temps up to 18 and wall to wall sun, winds from the north keeping the temps down especially at night, unusual for July even by Irish standards....

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Cork/long.html

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just heard Evelyn (from Met E) on the radio saying that there is a 'rumour going around' ( :p ) that there will be a heatwave next week - there will not be (according to Evelyn).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Temps in Ireland near 30 are as rare as hens teeth,especially from an extended Azores high.Give me a good continental flow anyday ,that's sourced from an actual heatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Really, it's time to give up, folks. Since the beginning of the June, the 'heatwave' has always been 'next week'. It's not happened and ain't going to. That's the best forecast you'll get this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just heard Evelyn (from Met E) on the radio saying that there is a 'rumour going around' ( :p ) that there will be a heatwave next week - there will not be (according to Evelyn).

Shes on to us!!!!!.... SCARRRPEERRRRR!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

So the heat wave is........... OFF :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

If its warm and dry for a few days with temps above 20C that will do for me..heatwave is relative..compared to the weather all year it would be a heatwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There never was going to be a heatwave, who started this stupid rumour?

20c and be glad of that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

mike65 wrote: »
    There never was going to be a heatwave, who started this stupid rumour?

taxi driver told me last week that the rumour was started by the hotel federation here a few months ago to try to get people to stay in ireland and help their ailing business. he might just have a point.!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mike65 wrote: »

After the last few days that is a heatwave!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Forecast now looks like the warmish weather will die a slow death from next Sunday onwards. So 6/7 days of good sunshine and low-mid 20's? Yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

washman3 wrote: »
    taxi driver told me last week that the rumour was started by the hotel federation here a few months ago to try to get people to stay in ireland and help their ailing business. he might just have a point.!!! :D
    hahaha
    Yes because taxi drivers are a veritable fountain of baseless rumours accurate knowledge in Ireland
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Forecast now looks like the warmish weather will die a slow death from next Sunday onwards. So 6/7 days of good sunshine and low-mid 20's? Yes please.

dont say that :( have a wedding on the 5th.

What ya think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

redsunset wrote: »
    What ya think.

24-27 o C id go for now.. would have been more optimistic the other day for higher than that.

Yeah me too,not bad at 5/4,now where did i put those €500 notes.:D

Slight downgrade for the week ahead, slight upgrade on the weekend ahead. Which is more important to you? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bank holiday weekend please cherry. for your reception and my camping ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭compsys

Slight downgrade for the week ahead, slight upgrade on the weekend ahead. Which is more important to you? :pac:

The week ahead as I'd far prefer for good weather to be forecast 2-3 days ahead as it means it's more likely to actually materialise. Sometimes I wonder why people bother with forecasts more than 5 days in advance as over half the time, for Ireland at least, they turn out to be totally incorrect.

There's been so many false dawns on here about an impending heat wave for the past two months that until I physically step out one day and see wall-to-wall sunshine and a temp. of at least 23/24 degrees I'll just fail to believe it.

Saying it's going to be sunny next weekend, in seven days' time, really means very little because of the unpredictable Irish climate. It'll be great if it comes off of course. I'm just refusing to get excited about anything that far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heatwave, meh, this is Ireland.

I'm just happy that the models are showing we could have a nice period of warm, mostly dry weather for a while!

Heatwave, meh, this is Ireland.

I'm just happy that the models are showing we could have a nice period of warm, mostly dry weather for a while!

That and the fact the the charts been reasonably stable for the last 5 days makes things promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I haven't placed a bet (yet) but the 27.1 to 30.0 category looks tasty to me, if you really have every station and the entire period in play. I don't think it will exceed 30 but a smaller cover bet on that would be prudent if you believe there won't be widespread marine cloud every day.

I had to chuckle at the "wont break 18" bet, it can break 18 in a normal spell of weather so how the heck would that be possible with seven days of 558-564 dm thickness in the region?

Anyway, the over/under value in my estimation is 28.5 ... meaning I think it's as likely to be below as above that number. Will start a thread now for a boards contest, we'll see who has the last laugh on this one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Tonights ECM is the same old story of the HP just not being in the right place for us:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

How does it look for the bank holiday weekend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

There wont be a heatwave here and it looks mixed for the BH weekend.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Cork/long.html

Lookes even worse for Dublin

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

We can all write off July now at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

How does it look for the bank holiday weekend??

According to the farming weather there, unsettled for next weekend especially Saturday.

The weather forecast wasn't that good for the coming week. Completely different than M.T. Cranium forecast of 27c. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Just saw the weather for the week on RTE. Gerry Murphy says warm and humid with small amounts of rain for the coming week but turning more unsettled next weekend with more heavier rain and showers following that. We will just have to wait and see how things pan out over the week and weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah it's been a while since I've seen MT and ME be noticably different in their forecasts.

Advertisement