Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Richie01

Mc Love wrote: »
    Really? Its grand to play online. And its pretty much better than the other RWC game. I havent played anyone offline but i assume its two player

EDIT: I am up for a game if anyone is about.

Ya it is better than the other one but when you think about how long the delay was to get the game and then it comes with

No proper back line set up
    No number 8 pick
    No lineout malls
    No advantage ever maybe for a second
    When a player is injuries they stop it for a scum
    Every player can pass it 50yards no problem
    The commentary isn't the best

The list could go on I'm just very disappointed with it and can't believe I waited so long for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It was delayed here but was finished a good while ago and released in other countries.

It's a pity it's not as good as it could have been. Rugby is a lot more complicated than football so it probably needs a lot of money and time pumped into it to be anyway decent. It seems though that it hasn't advanced at all since the original Jonah Lomu barr the graphics and is missing the great commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

An absolutely atrocious effort at a game.Why even bother going to the effort of building a game if this is the result.
    Played it online and on my own once and havent looked at it since:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

mickob16 wrote: »
    An absolutely atrocious effort at a game.Why even bother going to the effort of building a game if this is the result.
    Played it online and on my own once and havent looked at it since:mad:

Obviously your expertise in developing games in a 2 year peroid with a small budget knows more then these professionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Stev_o wrote: »
    Obviously your expertise in developing games in a 2 year peroid with a small budget knows more then these professionals.

if a meal cooked like a professional chef tastes like crap, does it make you wrong for disliking it - after all a professional chef knows more about food than joe bloggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Helix wrote: »
    if a meal cooked like a professional chef tastes like crap, does it make you wrong for disliking it - after all a professional chef knows more about food than joe bloggs

So you agree with all of his points. Congratulations that's quite narrow minded of you.

So you agree with all of his points. Congratulations that's quite narrow minded of you.

where did i say i agreed with any of his points?

he doesnt think the game is any good, i think its average at best, i dont see how that makes either of us narrow minded, no more than it makes people who think it's good narrow minded. you don't form an opinion on a game based around the restrictions that developers had, you base your opinion around whether you like it or not, or how good you think it is. otherwise you'd see one and two man indie games getting better scores than big budget games, whether they're good or not, which is utterly nonsensical

the quality of a game has nothing to do with how it was made, its all to do with how it turned out

If thats the best that these professionals can do maybe they should think about a different career.Next time i'll run my limited narrow minded opinion past you first,so that it doesnt offend your infinite wisdom;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

what I would love to know is what level of expectation did ye have? What game did ye have in mind? It's much better than RWC 2011 for example.

mystic86 wrote: »
    what I would love to know is what level of expectation did ye have? What game did ye have in mind? It's much better than RWC 2011 for example.

Oh i dont know...maybe a half decent game considering its €55!!!
    When you buy a game do you do so with zero expectations and hope it might be ok:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

see, the thing is its not much better than it at all. theyre both painfully average with very little going for them. both are mediocre last gen games on the current gen, and probably two wholly unnecessary titles

i get that there havent been many rugby games and fans are desperate for whatever they can get, but there's a reason there arent many, and there's a reason why the ones that do come out are essentially budget titles - even if they're charging full price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Helix wrote: »
    see, the thing is its not much better than it at all. theyre both painfully average with very little going for them. both are mediocre last gen games on the current gen, and probably two wholly unnecessary titles

i get that there havent been many rugby games and fans are desperate for whatever they can get, but there's a reason there arent many, and there's a reason why the ones that do come out are essentially budget titles - even if they're charging full price

Exactly after slaving away to get the 50 online games in challenge I have decided rwc is better. Challenge is fun for a while but effectively it's just a free for all. Rwc is very flawed but at least it has structure. When it comes to rugby you get the structure first and work from there. Also the commentary in challenge is very annoying while it's probably the best thing in rwc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I dunno, I think it's decent enough despite what some people have said about it so far. Once I got the hang of the systems for the rucks, scrums and lineouts I was kicking ass. The commentary is a bit dodgy though. Not quite as bad as Smackdown:Just Bring It on the PS2 but it's still disjointed and unnatural sounding. The amount of offloading is ridiculous also:D I'm taking a well earned break from Dark Souls to put a few hours into this during the week:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Hi there I am thinnking of getting this for next Sunday..What is it like?? Good or bad..

Got the game. Can wait to play..Only 5 more days to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Is this game still terrible or has there been any worthwhile updates?

Are you serious Chav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

closeline wrote: »
    Are you serious
    Chav?

Well I thought it was terrible.its missing some of the basic things like mauling from lineouts and back line moves.Glitchy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭kksaints

Played a few matches. Some problems regarding scrums(Too easy to win), no quick ball from rucks and props in the out-half channel. Still its fun to play and is a enjoyable game.

Well I heard it is much better than Rugby World Cup, which is meant to be the exact same as Rugby 07/08. I had that one and I enjoyed it a lot so this should be fairly good too. One more day!!!

• Advertisement

For anyone who got this game and liked it and who also bought the Vita:
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/02/all-blacks-rugby-challenge-ps-vita-hands-on/

Worst game ever...terrible

closeline wrote: »
    Worst game ever

Hardly :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Certain parts could do with a bit more work - scrums and rucks being the two main ones, but overall it's enjoyable enough. Not what I'd call a good game, but still reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I picked this up today, knowing that it didnt have international licensed teams but I was under the impression that could be fixed by simply transfering players from club to country. I tried doing this, with the 1st player, j.doe loosehead prop and was putting in Cian Healy after selecting change player option. I found him and selected him, but got this message " Player transfers out of this competition are not permitted due to licensing restrictions. I'm now thoroughly sickened with this, anyone know a way of getting past this? I saw some poster mention something about project novo, is that available for the xbox?

buyer95 wrote: »
    I picked this up today, knowing that it didnt have international licensed teams but I was under the impression that could be fixed by simply transfering players from club to country. I tried doing this, with the 1st player, j.doe loosehead prop and was putting in Cian Healy after selecting change player option. I found him and selected him, but got this message " Player transfers out of this competition are not permitted due to licensing restrictions. I'm now thoroughly sickened with this, anyone know a way of getting past this? I saw some poster mention something about project novo, is that available for the xbox?

Hey,

Sorry you are disappointed. I think that restriction was brought in for moving players from the Rabo league and the French League 'only'.

The restriction wasn't on the discs on original release in the southern hemisphere but was later introduced via a patch for that market who already had the game, and when it eventually came out here that patch was already on the disc.

I may be wrong but I think the novo thing was for PS3.

I have a copy from the Southern Hemisphere so I am lucky as I can just delete the patch, make changes and then re-install the patch. I'm using Mutterbox's share file for player and squad changes as he did a great job of it... Novo was great but Mutternox's version is now more up to date.

Hey,

Sorry you are disappointed. I think that restriction was brought in for moving players from the Rabo league and the French League 'only'.

The restriction wasn't on the discs on original release in the southern hemisphere but was later introduced via a patch for that market who already had the game, and when it eventually came out here that patch was already on the disc.

I may be wrong but I think the novo thing was for PS3.

I have a copy from the Southern Hemisphere so I am lucky as I can just delete the patch, make changes and then re-install the patch. I'm using Mutterbox's share file for player and squad changes as he did a great job of it... Novo was great but Mutternox's version is now more up to date.

Its still a good game and its fun to be munster and other club teams, its just disappointing about the internationals... You say Rabo and Top14 only? Does that mean that England can be fixed via Aviva?

Its still a good game and its fun to be munster and other club teams, its just disappointing about the internationals... You say Rabo and Top15 only? Does that mean that England can be fixed via Aviva?

Yup, AFAIK.

A lot of people hate this game, it's quite divisive... personally I think it's quite good - especially as Rugby games go

Yup, AFAIK.

A lot of people hate this game, it's quite divisive... personally I think it's quite good - especially as Rugby games go

Seems unusual, I can understand them not letting us recreate international teams if they dont have licenences but it doesnt make sense that this is just overlooked regarding England... Basically they screw the Irish, Welsh, Scots and French and accomadate England

• Advertisement

Seems unusual, I can understand them not letting us recreate international teams if they dont have licenences but it doesnt make sense that this is just overlooked regarding England... Basically they screw the Irish, Welsh, Scots and French and accomadate England

Sidhe the developers didn't screw us over. My understanding was the licencing party (s) representing those two league's kicked up a fuss and so they had to change it.

Advertisement