Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox 360 System Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Update in preparation for features in the Fall - yeah, right. Simply replace that reason to "Security/Anti-Piracy measures enabled, we'll ban you all later on this year before MW3" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Seems that this update 13599 updates the AP2.5 challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Has anyone tried it yet?

Apparenty it's reflashing your drive if your dashboard version is below 13146, it does update the ap2.5 challenges rendering some titles useless

Stay off live and don't take the update is what im going to do, no biggie really.

• Advertisement

PAU wrote: »
    Stay off live and don't take the update is what im going to do, no biggie really.

If you've a modded console you should be staying off live anyway, and it will be a while before a game comes out that forces the update on you.

If you've a modded console you should be staying off live anyway, and it will be a while before a game comes out that forces the update on you.

Oh I know mate, I just go on live the very odd time to update my gamerscore, if I ever have to get the drive re-flashed ever again so I can keep my gamerscore up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

justryan wrote: »
    Apparenty it's reflashing your drive if your dashboard version is below 13146, it does update the ap2.5 challenges rendering some titles useless

[Mod Troll Privelage] Lulz at the shmucks with dvd drives

(:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

EnterNow wrote: »
    [Mod Troll Privelage] Lulz at the shmucks with dvd drives

(:rolleyes:)

I'm guessing this is a jtag joke, well good luck playing online :D

I'm guessing this is a jtag joke, well good luck playing online :D

Good luck playing the cat & mouse game with Microsoft if you play online with iXtreme.

• Advertisement

you make it seem like updating is hard, only takes 10 mins to update,

and being the lucky owner of a few hitachi 59's and lower they don't have the ap2.5/6 checks

you make it seem like updating is hard, only takes 10 mins to update,

and being the lucky owner of a few hitachi 59's and lower they don't have the ap2.5/6 checks

How many do you think they catch between the time they make it detectable, and the time another iXtreme is available? Banwaves come every year ;)

yet i've only ever got one console banned, its a small price to pay for the rewards,

if you play with fire you expect a few burns

and even that ban was due to a bad rip not the drive FW

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

C4Eva is the man. I can't beleive he puts in so much time an effort and doesn't get paid. Like he released so many firmwares but just recently there was LT+1.9 then few days ago 1.91 and soon he will have to do another one LT+2.0 for XGD3 backups. Crazy! Either he loves what he does or he hates Microsoft.

C4Eva is the man. I can't beleive he puts in so much time an effort and doesn't get paid. Like he released so many firmwares but just recently there was LT+1.9 then few days ago 1.91 and soon he will have to do another one LT+2.0 for XGD3 backups. Crazy! Either he loves what he does or he hates Microsoft.

I would say he takes donations from the community

he gets paid, no doubt he's on teamxcuter payroll, gets loads of donations, its a bigger operation then you think and you can bet there are other people funding him,

every now and then you hear of a charge to unlock a board or flash one till someone other then c4e comes out with a work around, i.e. the russian sputnick hack

he gets paid, no doubt he's on teamxcuter payroll, gets loads of donations, its a bigger operation then you think and you can bet there are other people funding him,

every now and then you hear of a charge to unlock a board or flash one till someone other then c4e comes out with a work around, i.e. the russian sputnick hack

He gets donations yea but not much. I doubt TX are paying him what do they have to gain from his firmware.

What i have in bold above: What charge are you on about!?:confused:

What i have underlined: Supposibly they didn't find that. From Geremia's readme file: MX spi flash is attackable with a Vcc dropdown trick. This trick was getting dust while waiting for the wb one, could be the russians found it too, why not, but since we got some info leaked just few days earlier, feel free to credit them, we will not, sorry.

justryan wrote: »
    I would say he takes donations from the community

Actually i dont think he does take donations. Microsoft would be able to hunt him down if he did. The police would get his bank account details and address and that would be the end of his firmware.

put it this way what good are all the teamxecuter xbox 360 products without his firmware?

when the first lite-on drives hit there was talk about charging to unlock/flash as you'd have to send them the drive/pcb till one of their team spilled the beans and it was just a method of them getting some cash as there was a method they were just keeping it to them selfs , there was also talk of a charge for having to send some of the new drives to get unlocked till another method was released

• Advertisement

I agree with DrGreenthumb, he's on the TX payroll ;)

Advertisement