Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Live - O2 - Sept 2011

Options
  • 19-07-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Not sure if there's much interest on this forum but the first reviews of the premiere of the Batman Live show from last Friday in Manchester are online.

http://taffmaster.com/2011/07/batman-live-review/

not a bad review i guess but sounds like there's a few niggly things that hamper the show.

Anybody interested in this at all? Is the O2 going to be full of tumbleweeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

guess not!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'd like too see this but i'v not heard anything on it or seen anything from the show

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Heard Pat Kenny on the radio the other day giving this a rave review. Think he saw it in Uk. We would love to get to see it in this house. Must check and see if there are any tickets left.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anyone go to this tonight? how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

well worth going to as a family outing. son enjoyed immensely. first half is a circus show, second is a magic show all with some drama, laughs, great backdrop and fireworks thrown in to help along the story.
    we were down in gotham city section but would imagine the view was better from the seats above. my son had to sit on my knee for the whole show to see what was going on, (slightly inclined seats would have helped, as could have the absence of the man mountain in front of us :) )
    batman is a bit odd though, either a very clunky costume or just plain lame. fight scenes improved slightly as the show went on.
    great ending, and got a loud round of applause. btw try get any batman gear beforehand elsewhere for the small ones, very pricey inside.

PS Is it just me who has found at even the smallest acrobatic events, that irish people are very hard to impress.(maybe its not just irish people but i would imagine the yanks lap this kind of event up) I often cringe when someone does a trick and it goes unnoticed or unappreciated by a good section of the audience and notice the background performers have to try whip them up with some applause themselves at the right times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Going to see it tonight. looking forward to it! from what i've heard its getting good reviews. surpised its on for 5 nights which is abit mad considering i have never heard of it before. . .

Advertisement