Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alton Towers from Ireland

• 19-07-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering does anyone know the cheapest route to go to Alton Towers from Ireland? The only offers I seem to find are for families travelling by car! Myself and my boyfriend want to go as a day trip/one night? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Look at a that train ferry yoke to stoke on trent, then a bus/taxi to the park

Flying will be to East Midlands airport

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

To be honest, it looks like going to a different theme park might be easier as a day-trip/short break. The info on how to get to the Alton Towers theme park is here, but it's not very helpful and you'll likely be having to catch at least one train and bus, possibly more.

If you go to Thorpe Park on the other hand, you can get a bus straight there from Heathrow.

If you're staying the night, it's worth checking around for deals with local hotels - you can find the details for them through the theme park websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

If you stay for the weekend and drive from Holyhead it's fairly cheap

Advertisement