Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Arthurs Day in Galway

Options
  • 19-07-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/about.html

Arthur's Day, the celebration of the remarkable legacy of Guinness creator Arthur Guinness, will make a welcome return on September 22nd 2011. As ever, this year will see an incredible lineup of Irish and international music stars raising a glass to Arthur in a series of intimate gigs in select venues and pubs across Ireland on a day of music and celebration.
    Paloma Faith, Stereophonics, Calvin Harris, Aloe Blacc and Ryan Sheridan are just some of the big names who'll be performing at this year's events, getting up close and personal with their fans as they share in the fun of Arthur's Day 2011.
    This year, our exclusive studio celebrations will take place in four locations across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Limerick.

Enjoyed last year's gig down at the docks. Pity it doesn't look like there will be one this year.he

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Queue the make-shift piss-up instead :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

in a series of intimate gigs in select venues and pubs across Ireland on a day of music and celebration.
    Paloma Faith, Stereophonics, Calvin Harris, Aloe Blacc and Ryan Sheridan are just some of the big names who'll be performing at this year's events, getting up close and personal with their fans as they share in the fun of Arthur's Day 2011.
    This year, our exclusive studio celebrations will take place in four locations across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Limerick.

So it's like a private party.
    Fuck you so, Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

It seems Arthur only likes British looking citys

It's only a fake promotional day anyway.

The real story isn't surprising... Galway lacks renowned musical acts.
    Sure it's always been that way, you want to see anyone decent you have to travel somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Everyday is Aurthur's day in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Regardless of whether there are events happening for Arthur's Day or not, people are still going to 'celebrate' it. It's just another reason to get locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

It's only a fake promotional day anyway.

The real story isn't surprising... Galway lacks renowned musical acts.
    Sure it's always been that way, you want to see anyone decent you have to travel somewhere else.

Agree with this, the Volvo ocean Race will get some interesting acts when that comes round though.

IN the meantime i dont see why Guiness (or whoever) cant have a whipround and get Galway natives the Stunning, SawDocs, Kanyu Tree?

I was in Galway for the first one Arthur's day and i thought during the day it seemed a better buzz than St Patricks day and less fighting.

Regardless of the cold and calculated campaign behind the event, I always find it handy that I can meet up with so many people I wont have seen in ages because there are so many people on Shop street/ Quay st etc.

Advertisement