Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postnatal home care service and health insurance

Options
  • 19-07-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

HI,

I'm currently working with one of the big health insuance providers and I am trying to convince the 'powers that be' that providing a post-natal home care service would be greatly recieved amongst the Irish public.

If you could take a minute to fill in my survey (only 6 questions!) I'd be most grateful!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W8PN7VP

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

HI,

I'm currently working with one of the big health insuance providers and I am trying to convince the 'powers that be' that providing a post-natal home care service would be greatly recieved amongst the Irish public.

If you could take a minute to fill in my survey (only 6 questions!) I'd be most grateful!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W8PN7VP

Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Done ;)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Done!

I think that's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Agree. And done.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Donezo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsaver99

One of the providers does have a home nursing option if the member stays one night in privately for maternity they can avail of home nursing for the remaining 2 nights up to the amout that is covered for maternity

Thanks ladies :D

bigsaver99 wrote: »
    One of the providers does have a home nursing option if the member stays one night in privately for maternity they can avail of home nursing for the remaining 2 nights up to the amout that is covered for maternity

May I ask which of the health insurers does this? If it works for another company then the one I work for is more likely to get on board!

Thank you to everyone who has completed the survey :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Done. . . am hoping someone will take pity on me and come to my house to mind me :D they should offer a clean your house service too :D:D

I think Aviva do a 1 day home help thing for doing the washing etc... Must check my policy book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyeyes

Done...great idea!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsaver99

Benefit Credit Union Family from QHC
    Hospital Costs Up To 3 Nights €3,500 + home nursing option

Home nursing on this plan up to 1200 for 2 nights if you stay for one night private in hospital.

http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison/search-result/64

http://www.quinn-healthcare.com/products_and_services/creditunion_suite/having_ababy.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Crazy Cat Lady, I stayed the 3 days in hospital (covered by Aviva) but once I got home the public health nurse carried out the kind of service you are proposing and there was no direct cost to me. If the service already exists through the public system, will adding it to the private insurance policy bring added benefit to members?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*mod note*

Threads merged.

The service I'm proposing to the company I work for is much the same as the 'Early Transfer Home' service provided by the public system. Instead of staying in hospital for the 3 nights, you can return home and be monitored daily by an experienced midwife (hopefully me!)

The problem with the ETH is that it is confined to a catchment area so not everyone can avail of it. There wouldn't be the same restrictions with what I am proposing, although it is not a service that could be offered nationwide initially

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lbtriggerman

I think this is a great idea. I've never thought of a home care for someone who has just delivered a baby. Normally home care was for the elderly, sick, and little kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I think this is a great idea. I've never thought of a home care for someone who has just delivered a baby. Normally home care was for the elderly, sick, and little kids.
    in germany your health insurance covers a midwife visit every day or second day for as long as you need it. (im sure theres a limit somewhere though!)

I have to say, we'd be lost without it. The second child was born 2 weeks ago and its great to have the child checked up on and mother's collateral damage looked after in case of infection etc with all the stiching up that was required.

and for the first it was a great help with the breastfeeding to have the midwife about. Not to mention just other small hints and tips

Advertisement