Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumkin and Butternut Squash Soup

Options
  • 19-07-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

First time posting here.
    Just wondering if anyone has a nice recipe for Pumkin & Butternut Squash soup?? I had it at a wedding recently and thought it was fab, nice and spicey too. I've seen some on the internet but thought I'd see if anyone has a tried and tested recipe :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I like this one, it works well, If you put a pinch of curry powder with the soup as it cooks it is also nice.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-soup-2479

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've made soup like this by roasting the pumpkin/squash first - chopped into chunks, drizzled with olive oil & a sprinkle of ground cumin & coriander. The roasting adds to the flavour.

I sweat a finely chopped onion with grated garlic (& sometimes a bit of grated ginger too) in some olive oil & butter so that it is translucent, but not coloured. When done I add the roasted pumpkin or squash to the pot & then a good chicken stock. Bring to a simmer for 10 mins or so & then blend to your required texture.

Serve with a splash of cream.

Advertisement