Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KC in the afternoon

• 19-07-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48

A bit of a passive listener to Today FM in the afternoons after the 4 pm news KC had the above promo.

He might be always using this for all I know, just wondering have they put Fenton out to pasture.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Auror wrote: »
    A bit of a passive listener to Today FM in the afternoons after the 4 pm news KC had the above promo.

He might be always using this for all I know, just wondering have they put Fenton out to pasture.

I was going to ask had they put Tony "T-bone" Fenton on gardening leave as normally they don't change the promos for the shows when someone is on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He took three weeks off. KC is doing a good job.

Tony is past his sell by date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

He took three weeks off. KC is doing a good job.

Tony is past his sell by date.

KC is a unfunny Ray Foley and that says a lot.

Today FM is past its sell by date !! Whats up with all the ads lately too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

Tito Ortiz wrote: »

" TodayFM is past it's sell by date " ???

Only a clueless fool would say such a thing. It's the most listened to,and the most financially successful music driven commercial operation in Ireland.

And " all the ads lately too" are a sign of its success, i.e. busy and full ad breaks. How is a radio station supposed to survive, make profit, pay staff,if its not selling ad's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If Today FM is past it's sell by date, 2FM is rotting at the bottom of a bin crawling with maggots. And "all the ads" are because people want to advertise with the station because it's popular, disproving your assertion that it's "past it's sell by date".

As for KC, I think he's doing a great job. Have always liked him and think he's an inevitable replacement for either Ian Dempsey or Tony Fenton when they leave the station. Would like to see him back in a breakfast slot to be honest, as he was great on RED Fm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I like KC when I get to listen to him. I think he is a likely replacement for Tony Fenton. How old is Fenton? Is he due to retire any time soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Fenton is a major reason i wont go near today fm during the day.

I have good time for KC,he was with galway bay fm for a while a few years ago also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

godtabh wrote: »
    I like KC when I get to listen to him. I think he is a likely replacement for Tony Fenton. How old is Fenton? Is he due to retire any time soon?

Retire ? he's 50.... if you take Larry Gogan as an example Fenton will be on air for another 25 years!!! lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just because he is 50 doesn't mean he won't retire any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daholyxman

Tony Fenton is the man!! :) I do like KC though... My radio routine for the day is strictly Ian Dempsey, Ray D'Arcy, Ray Foley, Tony/KC, and then it's over to 2fm to catch Will Leahy on the way home! Couldn't be arsed with Matt Cooper generally!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

KC seriously deserves an afternoon slot. I don't really listen to his own show but when he fills in for the likes of Dempsey and in this case Fenton, he takes to it like a duck to water. Like he fits there.

Would prefer listening to him over Tony Fenton in that time slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I've never known anyone who actively switched over to listen to Tony Fenton, KC is a major improvement.

Taxi for Fenton, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I do hope KC gets an afternoon or a daytime slot. He's one of Ireland's best radio presenters. His many awards and recent (well fairly recent) move from RedFM Cork to a national station proves that. Sure isn't that how Foley got to where he is, was on Spin, moved to Today FM, spent a few years on nights, regularly filled in for daytime DJs then got a daytime slot. Tis only a matter of time before KC gets promoted. Two pure talents.

KC to replace fenton, Anton Savage to replace D'Arcy. No idea on the time frame of these, but I reckon they're inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    KC to replace fenton, Anton Savage to replace D'Arcy. No idea on the time frame of these, but I reckon they're inevitable.

I find Tony Fenton smarmy and I hate the rhyming slang he uses!! KC would be a great replacement, as Anton would be for Ray D'Arcy. both shows are more enjoyable when these guys are filling in! (radio is always on in the background in our office!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Can't see Ray D'Arcy being replaced anytime soon unless he's poached by RTE. Fony Tenton on the other hand....maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Tony will be off for another couple of weeks and is being replaced by Phil Cawley :(

Come back Tony, all is forgiven!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Cottontail wrote: »
    I find Tony Fenton smarmy and I hate the rhyming slang he uses!! KC would be a great replacement, as Anton would be for Ray D'Arcy. both shows are more enjoyable when these guys are filling in! (radio is always on in the background in our office!)

While Tony is an acquired taste for some, his listenership figures support his continuing position on primetime national radio. In terms of KC and Anton covering succesfully for regular jocks, remember many people called for Tom Dunne to replace darcy when he sat in for him temporarily, yet now Dunne himself has his detractors. KC and Anton are a welcome change temporarily because they are merely a diferent voice at a familiar time, but they themselves would have their detractors if they became regulars in the respective slots they cover.

Tony will be off for another couple of weeks and is being replaced by Phil Cawley :(

Come back Tony, all is forgiven!

When it's a choice between Phil or Tony, there can only be one winner. :P Moncrieffe's listenership is in for a boost at 2:30 for a few weeks it seems.....
    heybaby wrote: »
    While Tony is an acquired taste for some, his listenership figures support his continuing position on primetime national radio. In terms of KC and Anton covering succesfully for regular jocks, remember many people called for Tom Dunne to replace darcy when he sat in for him temporarily, yet now Dunne himself has his detractors. KC and Anton are a welcome change temporarily because they are merely a diferent voice at a familiar time, but they themselves would have their detractors if they became regulars in the respective slots they cover.

Think Ray Foley summed up this point best a few weeks ago.
    "No matter what you do in radio, you'll never make everybody happy."
    Though I don't think too many would come out against KC, as he seems to have been universally liked on both Galway Bay and RED FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

jaydeep wrote: »
    " TodayFM is past it's sell by date " ???

Only a clueless fool would say such a thing. It's the most listened to,and the most financially successful music driven commercial operation in Ireland.

And " all the ads lately too" are a sign of its success, i.e. busy and full ad breaks. How is a radio station supposed to survive, make profit, pay staff,if its not selling ad's ?

I had no idea KC's family posted on this forum :D

• Advertisement

I had no idea KC's family posted on this forum :D

Think it's really funny how whenever anyone disagrees with someone who criticises Today Fm, they're automatically related to someone working at the station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I like Phil Cawley, wish he was back on afternoon's.

I lik KC also, but he can have nights or foleys/dempseys slot.

Advertisement