Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online booking for villa. (Unsure if its a scam)

Options
  • 19-07-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Does anybody know how to find out if the villa you book is legitimate? Booked the villa off a website (Their own website. Not a holiday search engine). The company are from the UK. Tried to phone them numerous times today and just got answering machine. I paid the deposit a while ago but unsure now and don't want to pay the rest without absolute confirmation.

Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no real way of knowing if it is a private business or family rental operation.

They may be on holidays for a while, hence not answering their phones.

Is it a .com or .co.uk website?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Run a whois on the website and see if their contact details are available. If it's privately registered then it could very well be a scam.

http://who.is

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Its ".com".

Looked up alexa.com
    It says the website is 10 years old. Also the domain name is registered to the same name & address of the guy that I am dealing with. These seem like promising factors I think. Or can you put in any name & address when registering a domain name? The fact that its 10 years old seems good though.

Advertisement