Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISM Military World Games - Rio

• 19-07-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Competition in Rio kicked off today with 300m 3x20. Ray Kane was in the first elimination detail with a score of 567 (193 Pr, 188 St, 186 Kn) - a PB for Ray and a new Irish record! Seán Baldwin was in the second detail with a score of 548 (191 Pr, 169 St, 188 Kn) and Terry Wearen is up shortly (18:00 Irish time) in the third detail. Live scores are on results.sius.com

Terry's score - 536 (189 Pr, 167 St, 180 Kn)
    Ray is through to the quali round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Thanks, f-t.
    Nice one.
    Ray's clocking up those PB's and National Records like it's going out of fashion! Fair play!

Best of luck to all the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Ray posted a 565 today (192 Pr, 183 St, 190 Kn), placing him 29th in a field of 43. His prone and kneeling scores were very consistent but an 88 in the first standing string kept him out of the top 20.
    The guys go again on Friday in 300m rapid fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Great shooting again from Ray, very close to another new PB bar one or two bad shots in that standing string, but great recovery. Moving from strength to strength. Scores were very high. Bryhn had a 590!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Well done to Ray! :)

Seán Baldwin on 528 in the 300m rapid fire. Terry Wearen is on 331 x 400 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Ray Kane 371 x 400 at the moment

edit: 460 x 500

539 for Ray. He had the single best standing rapid fire of his relay! Something wasn't settled in the kneeling, looking at the groups, but he came in 9th in his relay, so if it had been properly settled, it could have been excellent. He should make it through anyway and we'll see what he can do in the qualification. That 90 in his standing rapid fire has a 6 in it!

It was a stunning standing series. I think he may have got the jitters when he saw he was in second place at that stage;) Should be good for the quali stage!

fat-tony wrote: »
    It was a stunning standing series. I think he may have got the jitters when he saw he was in second place at that stage;) Should be good for the quali stage!

Definitely! Looking forward to it. :)

Ray's finished the rapid fire today with 549 in 25th place. His kneeling was very strong, more than making up for whatever was loose yesterday. Not bad going at all. I hope he'll be very pleased.

• Advertisement

Super result for Ray! Another PB for Ray in Rapid Fire and an Irish record:D

Stupid question from the uneducated, but is Ray shooting PBs and breaking records in different disciplines or upping the bar in the same disciplines?

Or both :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Both. He's set the record in men's air rifle twice (upping the bar), and these new PBs and records are in 3P shooting.

Thank you, kind sir.

Sparks wrote: »
    Both. He's set the record in men's air rifle twice (upping the bar), and these new PBs and records are in 3P shooting.

Specifically, 300m standard rifle and the CISM-specific military rapid fire standard rifle event.

Advertisement