Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with newly built computer

Options
  • 19-07-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭

So this is my sli system

1O64q.png
    Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53
    graphic cards 2x Palit Geforce GTX 570, 1280MB
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155

that image is from heaven benchmark btw

I just unsure am i getting the best out of sli at the moment because a few things like crysis 2 without dx11 gets 60 frame-rate which is poor with my new setup I think and with dx11 i get the same frame-rate as my last machine a miserable 24 fps

i didnt install the components myself and I was told that the installers used safe mode to install drivers for the new components because they didnt have windows 7 disk. THey told me I may need a clean install if it doesnt work sufficiently enough

If I do a clean instal will this fix my problems I think im having?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

Crysis 2 has MAJOR driver issues with SLi, which is why you are getting such poor framerates.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Leman wrote: »
    Crysis 2 has MAJOR driver issues with SLi, which is why you are getting such poor framerates.

oh right

first of iv heard of it, any link? :)

looks like sli isnt working on my computer

I turn it off

txWS7.png

and still getting the same frame rate in call of duty black ops

That would explain it. :D

If you are getting the same rates with 1 GPU, then either:
    SLi isn't working
    Drivers are Borked (update them!)
    Those games just have ****ty SLi performance :P

iv updated all the drivers afaik

reckon its sli itself or windows needs a clean install

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    iv updated all the drivers afaik

reckon its sli itself or windows needs a clean install

Well, it's Windows. It does that.

Case in point: Installed windows to 2nd partition on a drive, refused to boot. Reinstalled it, now boots fine. :pac:

Good luck!

witcher 2 has the same frame rate with and without sli
    yap has to be windows, at least its nothing big. Ugh I have to get another ****ing copy of windows 7 now

argggg

(thanks for the help Leman)

witcher 2 has the same frame rate with and without sli
    yap has to be windows, at least its nothing big. Ugh I have to get another ****ing copy of windows 7 now

argggg

(thanks for the help Leman)

Woah Woah, hold up
    you don't need to buy W7 again. If you have your CD key you can legally download an ISO from the Windows Site.

Leman wrote: »
    Woah Woah, hold up
    you don't need to buy W7 again. If you have your CD key you can legally download an ISO from the Windows Site.

iv windows oem, does that make a difference

afaik i cant use it again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

The serial gets tied to your motherboard afaik, so you can reinstall it once the motherboard hasn't been changed.

• Advertisement

seyeM wrote: »
    The serial gets tied to your motherboard afaik, so you can reinstall it once the motherboard hasn't been changed.

yap my motherboard has changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

How you tryed using a different sli bridge?

Another thing I'd definately do is test each card seperately.

Download driver sweeper and install the latest driver off nvidias site aswell, reinstalling windows should be a last resort tbh

What PSU are you using atm?

You're using win7 64bit right? Heres the latest (beta) driver

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.50-beta-driver-uk.html

nuxxx wrote: »
    How you tryed using a different sli bridge? Seriously doubt its windows

?

edit ill try that other stuff now mate

How you tryed using a different sli bridge?

Another thing I'd definately do is test each card seperately.

Download driver sweeper and install the latest driver off nvidias site aswell, reinstalling windows should be a last resort tbh

What PSU are you using atm?

You're using win7 64bit right? Heres the latest (beta) driver

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.50-beta-driver-uk.html

the psu i have is Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply

iv tried driver sweeper and that beta driver, no luck

it has to be windows imo nuxxx, what do you think ?

i saw this for the first time tonight

ZNlLC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

List your specs?

No harm in reinstalling windows its not as slow as it used to be. Back up any data you have onto an external hdd and start again. Download an ISO from Microsofts website and just use it for the 30 day evaluation period, so no need to wait for a new disk to arrive in the post or whatever. Who built your pc? It sounds to me like someone damaged a pcie slot (god forbid) or if you're lucky, just q **** bridge cable. You might have a spare sli bridge in your motherboard box.

?

edit ill try that other stuff now mate

Its a cable that connects the two gpus together, if you're not using one then there's your problem...

SLI_jumber.jpg

Last thing I'd try doing is switch the cards around, is there only 2 pci-e slots on your mobo?

Download MSI after burner and see what clocks both cards are running at aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Its a cable that connects the two gpus together, if you're not using one then there's your problem...

Myth. You don't actually need an SLI cable for dual-SLI. It's better to have one of course, but not essential.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Myth. You don't actually need an SLI cable for dual-SLI. It's better to have one of course, but not essential.

My 2 460's only performed at slightly over 50% without one... Maybe its a myth but somhow I doubt they provide the cables if there wasn't a need for them

I read b4 that with the bridge the cards communicate faster, maybe it depends on the mobo?

just to update this

Brought the computer back to the computer shop

Ya man said he couldnt see any trouble with it. I was amazed by this tbh and brought it home and guess what its working like a dream

100 and above frame rate on crysis 2 dx 11 (oh yeah baby lol )

I reckon he fixed it and didnt want me to think he made a balls of it the 1st time he installed it or somthing like that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

might have been something loose or something strange, i remember driving my pc 2 hours to have somebody look at it and even though i had rebuilt the pc a dozen times it was something loose :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement