Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S VS S Galaxy S 2

Options
  • 19-07-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just had my birthday and got a bit of cash for it, so im going to make the move from my crappy ericsson into the smart phone market.

After looking around ive got my mind set on either the older Galaxy S 1 or the new Galaxy S 2, im not really a fan of the iphone but i do want android to get the large app store. Id be buying the phone out right on pay as you go on meteor with no internet plan.

My dilemma is which to get the older one or the newer one, having looked at no 2 in the shop im a bit put off by the size of it, where as i like the smaller orginal 1. and the older 1 is a good deal cheaper. i suppose im just afraid that by buying the older 1 ill get something that costs a lot of money but is kind of last year when it comes to the performance. id hate to get it and find that the no 2 has made a huge leap in technology and is well worth it

Theres a lot of my thoughts there, so sift your way through and id apprieciate any of your thoughts

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Smartphone without data plan is kinda pointless. On PAYG you will end up paying a lot more for data than with a contract. It is actually worth signing up for contract and getting the phone subsidised.

And yeah get the SGS2, no point in getting the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

srsly78 wrote: »
    Smartphone without data plan is kinda pointless. On PAYG you will end up paying a lot more for data than with a contract. It is actually worth signing up for contract and getting the phone subsidised.

And yeah get the SGS2, no point in getting the old one.

thanks for the info, i only plan on using the wifi TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

srsly78 wrote: »

This is true, now the price has dropped; €169 -€40 (Fatcheese) + €30 x 12 = €489.
    ...which is €90 less than the PAYG price but gives you 200/200 and 1gig per month for a whole year. ;)

This is true, now the price has dropped; €169 -€40 (Fatcheese) + €30 x 12 = €489.
    ...which is €90 less than the PAYG price but gives you 200/200 and 1gig per month for a whole year. ;)

i see your point, bill pay seems better, you dont know what the rates are for buying of meteor? do they do 12 month contracts at about 40 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

But the original question was basically what advantage does galaxys2 have over galaxy s1. I read this post because I was curious too. ( However I will be taking advantage of that fatcheese tip!:)

• Advertisement

Overature wrote: »
    i see your point, bill pay seems better, you dont know what the rates are for buying of meteor? do they do 12 month contracts at about 40 a month?

12 months @ €30 for 200/200 and 1 gig.

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    But the original question was basically what advantage does galaxys2 have over galaxy s1. I read this post because I was curious too. ( However I will be taking advantage of that fatcheese tip!:)

Larger screen, dual core processor, 8mp camera with LED flash, most S1s are 8gig, S2 is 16.

http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/06/20/samsung-galaxy-s-v-galaxy-s2/

12 months @ €30 for 200/200 and 1 gig.

thanks, just to clarify is that the SG S 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Just so you know - those 200 texts and 200 minutes are to any other networks. You get. Unlimited minutes and texts to meteor customers.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Just so you know - those 200 texts and 200 minutes are to any other networks. You get. Unlimited minutes and texts to meteor customers.

thanks man, how much does the phone cost to buy with this deal? or do you get it for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Galaxys2 is out of stock at the moment on the meteor website.

Advertisement