Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Netgear WNR2000 with Thomson TWG87

• 19-07-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

To begin with i have tried to do as much as possible from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71665694&postcount=452
    And also this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73366378&postcount=102

It's ages since i fiddled with this, and i can admit i've got a bit of the stupid today...
    But i cannot access the router. And even though i did a factory reset it still comes up with the previous owners SSID. How is that even remotely possible?
    I've tried: Laptop-wired-Netgear to access it locally. No go.
    I've tried: Laptop-wired-Netgear-wired-Thomson.
    I've tried Laptop -Wifi-Netgear-wired-Thomson.

And for some mad reason the wifi always take control over the cable.
    Same thing even when i connect straight to the Thomson.
    Shouldn't the wired connection have higher priority?

I'm ready to give up, suck it up and realize that i'm paying for 100Mbit but mostly only will be able to use 50, since i mostly use wifi...

:mad:
    Edit:

Sorry for sounding stingy, but for some reason i decided to stop smoking this week.
    Airplane! anyone? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

I'm in the same situation as you at the minute. Except with a Linksys instead of a Netgear. Just came on here looking for info.
    If I get it sorted, I'll let you know what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

Ok, I'm up and running.

Connect an ethernet cable from one of the ethernet ports on the Thomson to the WAN port on your router.

Set a static WAN address of 192.168.0.5 in your Netgear's settings.
    Set your Netgear's Gateway and DNS IP's to 192.168.0.1.
    Set your Netgears Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

In the Thomson router, set the DMZ Host to 192.168.0.5 (It's in the advanced section)

That should do it.

If you do that and you're still in trouble. See if you can access the Thomson at 192.168.100.1 while you're connected to the Netgear.
    Also try pinging 192.168.0.1 while you're connected to the netgear.
    You might get a better idea of exactly what's going on that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I got it working aswell.. But all changed after getting access to the router was to disable dhcp. So now i have one login for the router and one for the thomson.

And speed hasn't increased. Might try to set the wan ip aswell..

Edit: All went well in those changes apart from setting the Netgear gateway to 192.168.0.1 since it's occupied by the thomson.

Advertisement