Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depression from drinking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    FACT 1 : Getting "depression" from drinking isn't macho or sensible.

FACT 2 : Describing this self-inflicted bull**** as "depression" is an insult to all the decent people who suffer that affliction.

Fact 1: Who said it's macho or sensible? We are having a bit of fun here - AH. Also, let him get his beer blues, he seems to have had a good time in procuring them.

Fact 2: What about the indecent people who suffer it? ;)
    Nah, seriously though, no-one is describing it as full blown depression here, hence, post-beer-blues. Its like the 'retarded things you do' thread, don't take everything as face value, look for the real meaning of whats being talked about, not a blind interpretation based on a phrase.

Also, Might I add, that depression is in fact a horrible affliction, and a lot of the 'decent' sufferers of such have brought it on themselves, most have not but, sure ya know yourself, there's always one or two isn't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Careful using the word retarded, he strikes me as one who is easily offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Yes, we all "overdo it" the odd time, even me (despite the idiotic posts here suggesting that their benchmark of what's fun is the "correct" one)

But we don't overdo it to the point of getting depression or asking advice from strangers on a bulletin board.

Your own post said...

....not "crap, I stupidly overdid it last night and had one or two too many".

Overdoing it by one or two won't give you depression.

I'm not "very disciplined"; I'm just not stupid and I'm mature enough to - roughly speaking - know my limits.

Ah I thought we were all friends here to share our woes.....?:-(

Do the dog on it- yeah I did....... I work hard and had a few days off work so when I say did the dog I mean I was out and about all week, but I wasn't falling over drunk. Nor did do harm to anyone else.

Depression is something I have witnessed first hand. So no i'm not making a joke out of it. I just don't believe in how pc we've become. Its like in some countries its st pattys day instead of paddy. We all need to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Are you any craic at parties though?

At parties with complete piss-heads, probably not. But I wouldn't want to be. Wouldn't even consider them parties.

Then again, I'm no longer an idiotic teenager.

No need for the preaching though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

At parties with complete piss-heads, probably not. But I wouldn't want to be. Wouldn't even consider them parties.

Then again, I'm no longer an idiotic teenager.

Those parties.

Those parties.
    Hey Ludo is fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I think this thread has had one too many.
    "Have ye no other forum to go to".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Hey Ludo is fun!

The muckerfothin funnest!

Those parties.

Yup. The ones where people can have a sociable 5 or 6 drinks and and actual conversation.

No need for the preaching though.

Who's preaching ? The OP posted looking for sympathy for idiotic behaviour. I'm just telling it like it is, and if anyone wants to behave like that, I'm not telling them what to do.....oh, hang on, I am....because they asked.

Just because I've a different answer to most alcoholics doesn't mean it's not as valid a reply as the rest of ye.

• Advertisement

Fact 1: Who said it's macho or sensible? We are having a bit of fun here - AH. Also, let him get his beer blues, he seems to have had a good time in procuring them.

Fact 2: What about the indecent people who suffer it? ;)
    Nah, seriously though, no-one is describing it as full blown depression here, hence, post-beer-blues. Its like the 'retarded things you do' thread, don't take everything as face value, look for the real meaning of whats being talked about, not a blind interpretation based on a phrase.

Also, Might I add, that depression is in fact a horrible affliction, and a lot of the 'decent' sufferers of such have brought it on themselves, most have not but, sure ya know yourself, there's always one or two isn't there!

Exactly. Cheers, and she really did have a good time :-)

Oh I honestly thought you meant a straight edge party. Sorry dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Seems a lot more fun than having - in the OP's own words - "depression from drinking".

I think he really means "The Fear". Depressing but not depression, as such.

du Maurier wrote: »
    I think he really means "The Fear". Depressing but not depression, as such.

Self-inflicted. Tough ****.

If I posted here that I had tried walking across a sword barefoot and cut my feet, I'd be slagged off for being a complete fool; and rightly so.

Why is drinking too much viewed as a different type of idiocy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

So OP, how you feeling now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

If I posted here that I had tried walking across a sword barefoot and cut my feet, I'd be slagged off for being a complete fool; and rightly so.

Relax... Have a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Did some drunks upset you this weekend? Imbeciles they will be, a lot of them, I'm sure. I really don't think the OP has categorised his exertions in the same way you seem to portray or perceive them.

du Maurier wrote: »
    Did some drunks upset you this weekend? Imbeciles they will be, a lot of them, I'm sure. I really don't think the OP has categorised his exertions in the same way you seem to portray or perceive them.

The OP said "they did the dog on it all week". That's what I based my opinions on.

Ah i'm getting there. Workin til 430 tonight but looking like its going to be busy which is good.....nice to have a good crowd and keeping busy :-)

Liam, just for the record : "everyone" didn't go mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

So OP, how you feeling now?

hope he feels better than I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

hondasam wrote: »
    you should have done 3 four times, cures all.:p

Your sig is horrendous...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ArtyC wrote: »
    Ah i'm getting there. Workin til 430 tonight but looking like its going to be busy which is good.....nice to have a good crowd and keeping busy :-)

Yeah, you seem busy all right :P

TheZohan wrote: »

Spelling? Sentiment? Both?

mikom wrote: »
    Spelling? Sentiment? Both?

Both...

I know it is but it's life and **** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Met a few Welsh rugby fans a few years who said they never got hangovers.
    They said it because they never stopped drinking.

hondasam wrote: »
    I know it is but it's life and **** happens.

Are you planning on committing suicide or is your sig just there to help those that are? :confused:

Are you planning on committing suicide or is your sig just there to help those that are? :confused:

I'm not planning on committing suicide. It's just a few words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

ArtyC wrote: »
    Exactly. Cheers, and she really did have a good time :-)

Glad you did, I had wicked blues yesterday myself, all in the name of a good weekend :D

She wasn't looking for sympathy i reckon, she was looking for a 'cure'

As for the bolded part: because that's precisely what it is, and despite all of the problems related to drinking, it's socially acceptable, and a sh1t load of fun too! so why not do as the Romans?

Advertisement