Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Directory Database

Options
  • 19-07-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi does anyone know what the story with getting your UPC number added to this is? I rang 1908 and the guy had me on hold for ages while he asked his team lead. Then he said it was up to me to get in contact with them.

i then told him the link for
    http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/275/~/opt-out-of-unsolicited-calls

and

http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=908
    Can I contact the NDD directly myself?

No, the NDD is not capable of taking instructions from individual subscribers, only from line providers.

So he went away again and said the only thing he can do is make me ex directory which is not what i want.

I recall when i worked as a telemarketer going through sheets from the phonebook and ringing numbers. The ones i couldnt call a student had put an x beside it after checking the NDD.

SOOOOO.......

has anyone being able to sucessfully get their number onto the NDD without having gone ex directory/leaving UPC???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you already complained to UPC and they did nothing after 10 days then take it straight to Comreg.

eircom maintain the NDD based on information supplied to them by the likes of UPC. If UPC refuse to supply this information it is a serious matter requiring a smack from the regulator.

Also tell Comreg that you will recover €5 a day in lost income from UPC for every day they left you out of the NDD and to make sure that UPC are informed of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dublinmasif

Sound il get on to them tomo to voice a complaint!

haha how do you propose that I
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    recover €5 a day in lost income from UPC for every day they left you out of the NDD
    ?

Advertisement