Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider Legend or Underworld?

• 19-07-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

After watching the trailers/gameplay for the new Tomb Raider I just realised that I haven't played any since the PS2 days. It's the first game I ever played on a PS1 (apart from Theme Park,ha) and saw that there are 2 games for the 360.

Which is better? I've heard that Legend had better visuals? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Don't forget Anniversary too. I liked the three games. Underworld wasn't the strongest however, though that might be my tolerance was waning a little as it was the 3rd that I'd played in 18 months or so.

You can't go wrong with any of them, and they all should be fairly cheap now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What are the visuals like? After playing PS3 and 360 games for the past few years would it be like going back to the dark ages with these? Hopefully not. THink I'll buy Legend first and then get the other 2 after that. I saw there's a special edition on the PS3 that has all 3. Did this come out for the 360? I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I would recommend going for Underworld as I just seemed to enjoy it more. Legends is good though. I honestly was not a fan of Anniversary and I ended up not completing it.(I must do that sometime soon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

And are they visually good looking or outdated? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Underworld gets my vote out of the 3, it's was the best of a bad bunch imo, and a pretty soft 1000 gamescore :)

My favourite was the last revelation on PS2.

Oh Don't forget there is also the xbla title Guardian Of Light, that was very good too. There is a demo of it if you want to try before you buy, different to the rest of the series but in a good way I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

calex71 wrote: »

My favourite was the last revelation on PS2.

Last Revelation was PS1, dude.

Anyways, OP, if you're looking to get stuck into Tomb Raider's story, then I'd say play Legend first. Underworld is pretty much part two of Legend's story. Gameplay-wise, both of them are good fun, but they are very short. Personally though, I think Anniversary is the best out of the three, and one of the finest Tomb Raider games of all times.

deathrider wrote: »
    Last Revelation was PS1, dude.

Anyways, OP, if you're looking to get stuck into Tomb Raider's story, then I'd say play Legend first. Underworld is pretty much part two of Legend's story. Gameplay-wise, both of them are good fun, but they are very short. Personally though, I think Anniversary is the best out of the three, and one of the finest Tomb Raider games of all times.

Ah so it was, I played it on a PS2 :D

Ah so it was, I played it on a PS2 :D

Haha, good stuff. Great game though.

deathrider wrote: »
    Haha, good stuff. Great game though.

Wasn't there only one actual TR game for ps2 though, "Angel Of Darkness" ??? I remember being massively let down by it after TLR and Chronicles :(

Wasn't there only one actual TR game for ps2 though, "Angel Of Darkness" ??? I remember being massively let down by it after TLR and Chronicles :(

There were four on PS2. Angel Of Darkness (which I actually forgot exsisted until you mentioned it. It was muck!), Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld. Everything but Angel Of Darkness appeared on 360 aswell, and they were exactly the same on both platforms (not including graphics) as far as I know.
    I played through Legend and Anniversary on PS2 years before I owned a 360. When I replayed them on 360 then, I couldn't tell any difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement