Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Playstation] Another side to cheating.

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

As we all know, cheating in FIFA 11 is one of the annoying elements of the game. The use of created players in ranked matches, along with a number of other exploits have allowed people to make a mockery of the ranking and level system. There have been many times I've turned off the console in disgust and sent angry messages to the culprits.

Lately, however, I've become a recipitent of these messages. Upon entering the Irish lounge today, no less than 5 people claimed I was a cheat via the chat function. That's before I'd even played them! It's come to the point whereby I can't get a game for love nor money in the room. The threatening messages aren't exactly welcoming either...

I suppose the reason for this behaviour is my level - I've recently started using manual controls which increase your progress rate significantly. In fact half of a player's overall level is determined by their manual performance. Do people not know this? Or is it just a case of making false assumptions? Either way, it's put me off the Irish lounge, which, to be fair, is made up of mostly sound players. It's also more of a reason to implement a manual controls-lounge in FIFA 12.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I didn't know that about manual controls. I found it almost impossible to get used to manual passing (I mean literally passing like a drunk most of the time) so I just kept it turned on because I saw no use for learning. If sticking with it could actually make a notable difference in terms of ability progress I might give it another go.

Regarding the calibre of people you meet online I've really given up expecting anything other than pathetic behavior from them all. Just play a random team game to see the mentality of the people your in with, you'd sooner get world peace than find 11 randomly picked FIFA'er who wanted to cooperate for the sake of a win.

I used to get worked up about winning games and the behaviour of online players but now I don't really care. I use the online games only to test my play against "unpredictable" styles of play and amen't worried in the slightest whether I win or lose or how many points I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Manual definetly makes a difference. If you don't use it then it's very difficult to get your level past the mid-thirties (With less than 100 manual matches mine shot up to over 50). Initially I hated it too and struggled put even two passes together! At the same time though, I noticed my ranking points increasing, even if I lost. That, coupled with a growing boredom of playing against Chelsea/Real Madrid and hoof-ball merchants led me to make the switch. It's so much more fun this way. There is a sense of actual skill being present when you curl one in, or play a slide rule pass...

As for the opponents - I wouldn't mind usually, because it is only a game, as you said. But when they sabotage any chance you have of playing people in a lounge simply because of ignorance, then I get annoyed. When I get vile messages from those that actually do play me (they jump on the bandwagon I guess) then I get angry.

Advertisement