Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with entertainment-duos?

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi there! Wasn't sure where to post this, here or in musicians thread.. but I'm looking to find out where the best place to start off on the gigging foot is in Cork? Just me and a guy on guitar,just lookin for little gigs for experience really... does anyone have any advice on where/how to start? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I think that Fred's and the Slate both do open mic nights if that is any use to you. As far as I can remember they are both on every Wednesday, but it has been a while since I have neard anything about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You could try the Savoy also, and is it Realt Dearg. It is pretty hard to get in with the music crowd methinks in Cork unless you know someone, who knows someone etc...The Pav might be another place to try though...

What kinda music is it

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

The Bodhrán might be worth trying

Advertisement