Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pam... Well considering the silence on here (mod note, post 1 and 36)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

Are those here who supported her deportation as morally outraged and indignant at all of the Irish who are living and working without permission in the U.S?
    Im assuming those who are glad that Pamela and her kids were deported at 1.30 in the morning, without apparently any notice (sligo champion), would welcome the same treatment for those Irish people?

Garth, Those guys that are living and working albeit without a visa in the states are contributing in some way to that country, they did not enter the US looking for hand outs, I for one am glad that woman was deported, and before you start I am not a racist but a realist, Ireland is on it's knees at the monent, this lady has cost us hundreds of thousands of euros that could have been earmarked for somthing else, and yet... you still have these gormless idiots who still say that she should not have been deported.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Garth, Those guys that are living and working albeit without a visa in the states are contributing in some way to that country, they did not enter the US looking for hand outs, I for one am glad that woman was deported, and before you start I am not a racist but a realist, Ireland is on it's knees at the monent, this lady has cost us hundreds of thousands of euros that could have been earmarked for somthing else, and yet... you still have these gormless idiots who still say that she should not have been deported.

You've a presumption of inflated value on the Irish abroad contributing in some way to teh society they live in, ie they should get favourable treatment for acting illegally . While at the same time a presumption that asylum seekers are 'looking for handouts" (ya real attractive package they get here) while what they are really doing is going through the legal asylum process as is there humanitarian right....Now that isnt treating people equally is it, whatever term one wants to call it, or not in your case?

Part of the sure "arent they grand mentality" "good on ya for screwing the system" I suggest it was that type of thinking that got our country on its knees rather than one high profile case. And then theres the old back to the name calling, that seems to be a mob chant of these threads when it comes to this case .

Really lads pls get more emotive of real issues all along that can effect real change. :confused: Whether or not this case turned out as genuine or not genuine due process was had.
    The over inflated emphasis on it time and time again suggests scapegoating, And the insensed inablity for folk to have a different opinion without name calling suggests a certain intolerance too.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

(a contemptuous and ill-suited term for those who actually to little of any real worth) still prattle on, with virtuous high indignity, you have to wonder has the Neanderthal gene left Ireland?
    Obviously not.
    And more of the same insults.
    Are people really not going to lock this thread yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

tuppence wrote: »
    Obviously not.
    And more of the same insults.
    Are people really not going to lock this thread yet?

tuppence leave the modding to the mods please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Due to demand I've re-opened this. Although we will be keeping an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thanks Val.
    I accept and respect your point of view. What I find difficult about this thread and other thread regarding Pamela before is that some people rather that just accepting the decision of a court and moving on seem to revel in and enjoy the fact and get some kind of personal satisfaction that this woman and her kids are been deported. I just find that more than a little troubling. And refering to those who support her case or those of others as bleedin heart liberals doesnt help the debate. We are entitled to express our view, I havent come on here labelling people as kkk racists etc.
    That's a fair point. Personally, I am interested in what the supporters of Pam have to say for themselves now that this has all come out and she's been deported. For years we've had to listen to them spout drivel and scaremongering about how she lived in fear, and how the girls lives were at risk...... and so on and so forth with relative impunity. Any time anyone attempted to call out anything in related to her case then they were branded as racists or small minded townspeople who want to keep the foreigners out an so on. Now that the boot is on the other foot, I'm interested to see what they have to say now. For a group who so easily accepted every word from this woman in blind faith, I wonder how easily they accept the facts as they have emerged in recent times.
    If I've called people bleeding heart liberals, its a generalization for the people that were on her campaign fighting for her asylum, and tbh, I wasn't referring specifically to you.

Both John Perry and Veronica Cawley refused to comment on the situation this week when questioned bu by the Sligo Champion.

In terms of the 'relative hardship' that she would have to live in over here in Globe house on her small weekly payment, that again is something I find hard to believe. Everything was provided for them.

As an example, She was summonsed to court for not producing her license when she was stopped in Carraroe. Where did she get the car from one would wonder, not to mention tax and insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

Thanks Val / Magnumlady for re-opening, migh be sorry now I
    started it..... NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

It goes to show that those with power and abuse it at the time always fall down in the end.

It goes to show that those with power and abuse it at the time always fall down in the end.

In fairness, it certainly didn't have a negative impact on Alan Shatter or John Perry's aspirations now did it?

T runner wrote: »
    If she was a wealthy woman in Nigeria then why was she so determined to live on 19 euro a week in an Asylum hostel in Sligo for 5 years?

All we know is that a death cert was faked for her daughter Elizabeth.
    Thats all. What is also true is that less than 50 death certs were issued in the district where she died the year she died. Thats a district with a population of Liverpool.

Ireland has payed off Nigerian officials to "protect" Nigerian asylum seekers from Police Brutality on their return from Ireland. Has it worked? We dont know, our Government has never bothered to follow up.

Maybe we should use some clout that this money is supposed to bring to ensure that Pam and her family survive their return to Nigeria.

Country of Origin reports repeatedly state that Nigerian Police "rape and torture with impugnity".

I do believe that if the Irish government dont step up to the plate and insist on her and her families safety in Nigeria then she is, under UN rules, entitled to asylum as she most certainly is not safe in the hands of the gentlemen who will be in charge of her in Lagos.

The sensationalist overpaid public service worker may have wasted our nilions by delaying a plane piece of journalistic brillaince should actually be ridiculed for the pile of hor****e it is.

I suppose it hasnt anything to do with the fact that her husband is living in Holland at the moment???? and if she was allowed to stay in Ireland she could pop over and join him, Can you tell me what country did she arrive in first seeking refugee status?? You really don't get it, this woman made a fool out of you and all the Irish people, especially the people of Sligo... and you still will stand up and support her, perhaps your time could be better spent supporting the like of SVP or social services.

• Advertisement

tuppence wrote: »
    You've a presumption of inflated value on the Irish abroad contributing in some way to teh society they live in, ie they should get favourable treatment for acting illegally . While at the same time a presumption that asylum seekers are 'looking for handouts" (ya real attractive package they get here) while what they are really doing is going through the legal asylum process as is there humanitarian right....Now that isnt treating people equally is it, whatever term one wants to call it, or not in your case?

Part of the sure "arent they grand mentality" "good on ya for screwing the system" I suggest it was that type of thinking that got our country on its knees rather than one high profile case. And then theres the old back to the name calling, that seems to be a mob chant of these threads when it comes to this case .

Really lads pls get more emotive of real issues all along that can effect real change. :confused: Whether or not this case turned out as genuine or not genuine due process was had.
    The over inflated emphasis on it time and time again suggests scapegoating, And the insensed inablity for folk to have a different opinion without name calling suggests a certain intolerance too.:(

Sorry Tuppence I lost you after "You've a presumption...". but perhaps you should Google the subject that we are talking about, it might bring you up to speed and where we are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Are those here who supported her deportation as morally outraged and indignant at all of the Irish who are living and working without permission in the U.S?
    Im assuming those who are glad that Pamela and her kids were deported at 1.30 in the morning, without apparently any notice (sligo champion), would welcome the same treatment for those Irish people?

YES!!!! yes we (or at least I) am.

If you are living illegally in a country and the authorities catch up with you then you should be removed.

However, if you are living illegally in a country and cost that tax payers of that country MILLIONS from bogus claims, investigations, legal aid and sponging off benefits then you should back kicked up and down the street and thrown on a cattle truck for a long ride home.

I am generally mild mannered but this whole episode and the article in the OP just throws me massively to the right.

If the bleed heart arselickers in our society attempt to defend every complete bull****ter then dont expect us to believe you when there are genuine cases.

What % of Nigerian asylum seekers are genuine? didnt a government minister say less than 10% or something like that.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

To be honest I dont believe that Pamela is a proven liar. There are too many variables and circumstances to take into consideration like t-runner states about the lack of death certificates, the well documented corruption in Nigeria, and i genuinely do not believe that someone who is apparently well off/weel heeled in their homeland would go to this much trouble, attract potentially hostile treatment, and appeal their case (as is their legal right whatever you may think) for 5 years living on a pitiful sum of money in Globe House. But been a bleeding heart liberal I would say that.

For the record I wouldnt support either some kind of mass deportation of the Irish who are working in America without permission.

And Ireland is by far one of the hardest countries in which to gain asylum( in particular if you are from Nigeria) so that should discount the idea that we are a "soft touch"etc http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2008/aug/10/exposed-the-myth-of-irelands-liberal-asylum-policy/

Someone larger than I needs to grab you, and the likes of you, by the shoulders and shake you vigorously for about half an hour.

Your blind, unwavering support of people that game and use the system is doing "your cause" no good at all.

Someone larger than I needs to grab you, and the likes of you, by the shoulders and shake you vigorously for about half an hour.

Your blind, unwavering support of people that game and use the system is doing "your cause" no good at all.

No need to be a dick about it slap. You don't have to agree with another's opinion, but it not fair to denigrate someone having a differing view.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thread was reopened due to demand, but less of the personal attacks please.

Attack the post not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Dear God, are people still standing up for this lying leech?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

How could the million she wasted our country have been better spent? Anybody think sligo general or our schools or something else could have used this money? I am so sick of her and id love to see our former mayor stand up and admit she made a mistake. People do its ok, just admit it after.

Exactly, conned by a con artist.
    No shame.
    The shame is still scurrying around like an embarrassed rat.

can someone post me Cllr Veronica Cawley's contact details? I need to get pamela's mobile number off her. I also want her to tell me how much the Mayor's shindig for Pam costs, and when does Veronica intend to repay it, and the same for Pamela!!

Don't believe the €1million total cost.... wait till you see i a few months, what th total costs will be..... I stand by €4,000,000!

http://www.newstalk.ie/candidates/cllr-veronica-cawley/

Good luck with that though.....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The Last Solicitors name is / was Matthew Ezeani

And has just had his own application for Irish citizenship rejected.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056338962

And has just had his own application for Irish citizenship rejected.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056338962

Sorry, but lol to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭afrodub

+1 you are making a very fine point and I agree it is a sad state of affairs,my sympathy lies most with her children what will become of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

afrodub wrote: »
    +1 you are making a very fine point and I agree it is a sad state of affairs,my sympathy lies most with her children what will become of them :(

If the ECHR findings are anything to go by then they wont lack for much back in Nigeria.

Except perhaps a responsible and honest parent.

Allguns......Thats the very truth!

Advertisement