Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with Children Check, Victoria

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience of applying for this?
    I have been told it will take about 3 weeks, hoping to work as a relief childcare worker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

AFAIK you need to have a offer of a job to get a check, this is what the Western Australian authorties told my girlfriend when she enquired.

I think once your offered a job, you apply for it but you can still work in your new job even thou your check hasn't been cleared. This AFAIK is the case in WA. I cant speak for Victoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

Thanks a million for the reply. Seems to be different in each state, need it in advance in Victoria. Seems like there is alot of hoops to jump through to be able to work with children there.Maybe I should have picked WA!

There is a list of id documents you need to apply, they each have points which must add up to 100. looks like all I can supply adds up to 95!
    Have emailed the agencies to get more info but would be interested to hear of anyone Irish who has been through the process

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Efaol89

Hi,
    I applied for a Victorian WWC back in May and i think it took about 5 or 6 weeks to come. You have to have a job offer to apply alright which is really annoying!!
    You can do it at the post office but you will need 100points of id which isn't that hard i think i had passport, bank card, and can't remember what else. You need a passport picture too to go on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

The post office will take the picture as well as accepting the application, you just need to book an appointment time which can be done via the internet.

Advertisement