Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming

Options
  • 19-07-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

just a quick question with regards to streaming sports online. I'm currently in the US at the moment but would like to keep up with the sports action back home. At the minute i access RTE/ TV3/ BBC etc by changing my IP address but the streams seem very poor. I only get about 2 mins of viewing before i get a 15 second or so freeze. My laptop is nearly new but admittally i never asked how good it was for streaming videos online before i bought it. I know the internet connection i have here is top notch so its not that, any have any ideas? I still have time to change the laptop if its that, and if so what should i be looking for. Thanks in advance for your help.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I doubt it's the laptop, I would imagine it's the proxy that you are using. Try streaming something else online without using the proxy and see does it work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Throw up the Laptop spec while your at it + What's a top notch connection? Speedwise....

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

What are you using to stream? (i.e. Real Player, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are you using a free proxy, or one that you have paid for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 panoone

Thanks for the reply's guys, i'll post all the info (laptop speed, connection speed, proxy server) when i get home this evening, just at work at the minute and cant remember any of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lads i know this is an old tread but maybe some one out there could help me.
    I have 50mb fiber power broad band and i stream live football from my PS3.

However the streaming is often very poor and freezes alot, what am i doing wrong?
    Is the PS3 not powerfull enough to use for live streaming??

Please bear i mind i am headless when it comes to techno stuff : - )

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Start a new thread instead of dragging up old ones. No discussion of illegal activity either please :) .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement