Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Cup Match Thread*** Fri 22/7 21:00 Colmcilles -v- Templeroan

Options
  • 19-07-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Just going to stick names of people in here who we know are definitely playing

Clay
    Conor
    Cathal
    Collie
    Wes
    Cillian
    Andy
    Jules
    Ciaran
    Keith
    Kenny

11 Definites

So we DO need bodies - I'd rather have about thirteen lads down, than fifteen and trying to give lads a game I've never seen before.

Cillian is a definite from lads not in the squad.

Keith, can you ask your brother, and maybe Darren?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

will update you in the morning Des

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm around on friday night lads if you're short on players.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm around on friday night lads if you're short on players.

Andy

See you at 8.30 Friday so, thanks Andy.

how's the lad who got injured last week, was it as serious as everyone was saying at the game - broken ankle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Des wrote: »
    See you at 8.30 Friday so, thanks Andy.

how's the lad who got injured last week, was it as serious as everyone was saying at the game - broken ankle?

Yea its a serious injury unfortunately. He broke his leg and has a dislocated ankle is what im told, he'll need metal plates. That's the 2nd bad injury in 2 weeks weeks for the team, which is why i was subbing in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Just Talking To Ken He Is Still 50/50 For Tomorrow Night As He Said On Tuesday Night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

id help out lads, but picked up a leg injury last sunday playing Gaa and need to rest it for a week or 2...

let me know if ye need players as a good few boards lads have helped my monday team out this season, so we will return the favour if needed, though its hard at short notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Any News On Gary And Eamon Are They Around ?

Mall10357 wrote: »
    Any News On Gary And Eamon Are They Around ?

Gary is away, and as far as I know Eamon is injured.

Waiting on word from Ken

Keith and Kenny in, sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck lads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm thinking of dropping into this one, I've yet to see any cup wins for Boardeaux..

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm thinking of dropping into this one, I've yet to see any cup wins for Boardeaux..

Don't come then :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If we lose you better make a quick exit Daryll :D

If we lose

That's loser talk.

Daryll, you are more than welcome, as always.

My plan was to quietly edge towards the exit gate without anyone noticing but it won't be necessary :)

Bit of history here.

Templeroan were in the first league we played back in Winter 06/07 - it was a small 6 team league played on Sundays on the pitch we're on this evening, for those who remember. Tony would have been the ref back then, wonder will he be reffing tonight.

We drew 1-1 with them, and then they beat us 3-2 later in the season. Jules scored against them in both games, and Cathal was the centre half. Mick the left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Best of luck lads.

Remember win tonight & it means more games for later in the summer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

We were pretty poor but a draw was a fair score and it ended 0-0. Thanks to Cillian and Andy for coming out, Cilian was very unlucky - think his beautiful outside of the boot shot hit not only the inside of one post but then hit the other post and wouldn't go in.

We won 4-2 I think on penos, Clay made a good save and put them off to hit the post for another. 1st 3 penos for us were scored by Wes, Keith, Jules.

And that is everything to report I think.

Am I forgetting anything?
    Oh Yeh......Kenny busted the net with the 4th to get his name all over the scoresheet for this season!!!!!!!!!!

Ah jules, penalties don't count don't be getting his hopes up!!!

• Advertisement

Templeroan|X|P|X|P|-|
    Boardeaux|Wes|Keith|Jules|Kenny|-|

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Great stuff lads.

Smashing result.

At least we did not do a "Brazil" on it in the shootout :)

On to the next round!

I wouldn't have put money on 0-0 being the final result after the first 10 minutes!

They should've probably been 2-0 up at HT. The ball wasn't sticking upfront and the ball kept coming back and the defence were being run everywhere. They were flooding the wings and several times 2-on-1 with the full back.

Second half Boardeaux shaded it I thought, the ball was kept on the ground and they were limited to long range shots and the odd corner which was a sea change from the first half. 0-0 was a result got from battling, luck and endeavour and penalties finished it.

Advertisement