Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blotchy make up

• 19-07-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Lately I'm finding that whatever foundation I use goes blotchy after a while,which didnt happen before,especially around my nose and chin.It's like it completely fades off in patches and can look cakey in others.It's like part of my face is just refusing to have the make up on it.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I dont think it's the particular make up as it's happening mo matter what brand I use.I've been using a Clinque foundation that I got on holidays in the states recently and before that used a Rimmel one.Both worked great and the clinque was a great find as it matches my skintone perectly.
    I do have quite sensitive skin so cant use everything on my face. I broke out in terrible acne for the first time in my life last summer (at the age of 26!) but got it under control around March by using pro activ whch I still use,but I dont think thats to blame as the blotchy make up has only been happening for the past few weeks.
    Anyone got any ideas/tips?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Do you use a primer or moisturizer before putting on your foundation? If you use both I would recommend only using one as this makes the foundation "slide" and can become cakey and dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

+1 for using a primer. L'oreal do a brilliant one called studio secrets which I would highly recommend-my make up never budges all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

try setting with a powder around your t-zone or where ever you might get oily/where it comes off. I have ridiculous skin (19, oily and spots :() but I have found that since I've started using a powder on top of the liquid foundation, it stays put longer and doesn't blotch

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

i know you've tried different foundations but have you tried estee lauder double wear? i have the greasiest skin, make up ends up patchy or just slides off my face even with powder. the double wear is brilliant for staying put and not going blotchy. recently went back to mac, never again, bought estee lauder today and the mac isnt half gone...highly recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I do use a primer, I use a Sephora one at the moment which was working great for me but as I say,lately nothing is working! I also use a powder most of the time. I've not treid the Estee Lauder foundation but I'll definitely look into it. It's so strange the way it's just started happening in the last few weeks. I think my make up is on fine then i look in the mirror shortly afterwards and there's patches where it's just gone. It's so frustrating

• Advertisement
Advertisement