Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband WIFI SID Question

Options
  • 19-07-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I would like to change the name that appears publicly as my WIFI connection (SID I think its called) in my Apple Airport and Wireless Connections in Windows. Can you advise how I do it? Can the name be removed altogether? Seems like a security risk that neighbours can see it...

I think there is a URL I connect to do so all this, I did so when I strenghtened my WIFI security couple of years ago, but I cannot remember it..

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 me and my dog boo

open up internet explorer. in the address bar type in 192.168.1.254 and then press enter. you will then be asked for a password and the paword is broadband1. then press login

now go to network and then wireless lan then you will see ssid and password .

then change the ssid and the password.

then press apply.

that will change the wireless ssid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

uvox wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I would like to change the name that appears publicly as my WIFI connection (SID I think its called) in my Apple Airport and Wireless Connections in Windows. Can you advise how I do it? Can the name be removed altogether? Seems like a security risk that neighbours can see it...

I think there is a URL I connect to do so all this, I did so when I strenghtened my WIFI security couple of years ago, but I cannot remember it..

Many thanks.

Hi uvox

The following website should be useful - Changing wireless encryption type / or finding Wireless Security key ;-

www.eircom.net/tutorials - LINK

Let me know if you've any problems.

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement