Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal Theatre

Options
  • 19-07-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is the Grand Canal Theatre Stage big?
    I'm going to see the Lord of the Rings in November. I'm in the stalls, and I was wondering what the place is like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's big - seating varies hugely on location and ticket price. Circles are VERY far back. Stalls are pretty decent, central rows L & M would be my chosen seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 buttons4me2011

Thanks...Whats the stage like?

Thanks...Whats the stage like?

Stage is decent but I'd still opt for central seats in the stalls

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret

I see "Grease" being advertised to play in The Grand Canal Theatre next month for three weeks beginning the 9th of August. Think it's a WestEnd production....oh and get this Mary Byrne (X Factor fame) is staring as "Teen Angel". Think it'll be a good one...must book tickets when I get my next pay cheque....

Like most of the productions in the GCT it's a touring production, the only resemblance to the West End show is generally the script. Sometimes you do get some of the West End cast but it's closed so long in London it's not very likely.

For tours there are generally cuts to the cast size, set, props, special effects, orchestrations and often costumes & dances. The show has to be more portable for the tour, and also more cost efficient. While touring productions can be excellent, they are rarely a reflection of the full scale West End productions.

BTW GCT give producers an incentive to have an Irish "star" in the cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Ok so i know it only just started in the last day or two, but anybody been to see Grease yet? How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PARANA

The theatre is incredible, I really liked it!

Advertisement