Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD forum dispute and ban.

Options
  • 19-07-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

hello hows hows things.

iv been involved in a dispute with a mod on the call of duty forum in the games category, the mods name is Shammy and also now there seems to be another mod named EL co hade or something like that ( i don't have access to the forum to check the correct name) but he has what appears to be Japanese or some other Asian symbols under his name either way it clearly doesn't state he is a mod but he's also got involved.

iv received 2 pm's from a poster called Cereal Rapist abusing me because i decided to go one step further about Shammy's modding in this situation, the dispute started before the ban.

now i cant quote posts because again iv been denied entry to the forum with no actual proof of what i was supposed to of done, i was simply told it was for insulting other members and failing to follow a mods advice which i assume is EL co hade who again has no evidence that he is a mod ( and if he does of now its because he changed it) on his profile.

Basically it appears Shammy has one set of rules for one and another for someone else, It started with me leaving a comment about the call of duty elite service in which i was pretty brunt but i was going of the information i knew of or assumed i knew either way some posters took my post very personal and proceeded to take some what subliminal shots aimed at me. I replied as there seemed to be a witch hunt against me and my comment, i vaguely remember what i wrote as it was removed but i do know i called them clowns or something like that ( i know i shouldn't of and i am sorry).

but here's the problem I have with Shammy, he publicly criticized and warned me but sent another poster a pm warning him (from what i can gather) now that to me is double standards and instead of sending me a warning through a pm like he did to the other poster he appeared to join the witch hunt and get a jab if you will in at me, even though he must of knew how insulting the comment i replied to was.

as i said i vaguely remember my comment but i do know the term clowns was mentioned as was aimed at certain people ( again i know i shouldn't of) but one of the posters clearly over stepped the line to get that reply out of me and raise my frustration of being ganged up on, i was compared to that of someone special (somewhat along those lines again i cant quote it) this to me is not only racial and very disrespectful to anyone with a disability, i happen to have a brother who is autistic so ye i didn't take kindly to it as no one should.

but what was even more shocking was that shammy left it go, Shammy was well able to join the witch hunt and publicly criticize me but failed to take a stand against a racial comment aimed at me (the poster did say sorry) , that's when he later said he contacted him through pm but iv a feeling he didn't or if he did its after the comment i left just to cover his tracks but that's just what i think im not accusing him of anything. But this is where my argument lies as i said one set of rules for one and another for someone else but its easy to see who has turned out the worse due to people ganging up.

Im not looking to achieve anything other than the fact i personally think Shammy modded that situation very badly aswell as the abuse aimed at me was deemed acceptable or at least publicly acceptable.

Also i wish to challenge the ban as i feel its unnecessary as it was tit for tat only the mods punished me and no one else.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from the Help Desk to the DRF due to the ban dispute element of the post which, when investigated, will conclude whether the moderator's actions were justified in this case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi mufcboy1999.

As you may have noticed, I've moved your post to the Dispute Resolution forum because you are disputing a ban received.

As you can see from the above chart, the process that must be followed is that you must attempt to resolve the issue with the moderator via PM first before disputing the ban formally.

Can I ask that you attempt the first step in this process, and then post back on this thread whether you still wish to dispute the ban, or if you have come to an agreement with the moderator in question via PM?

Please let us know on-thread either way so the relevant Category moderators will know whether to get involved or not.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Shield i have contacted shammy the mod through pm in a hope to get my ban lifted but iv had no luck, where do we go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll take a look at this when I get some time today.

hello hows hows things.

Good thanks.
    iv been involved in a dispute with a mod on the call of duty forum in the games category, the mods name is Shammy and also now there seems to be another mod named EL co hade or something like that ( i don't have access to the forum to check the correct name) but he has what appears to be Japanese or some other Asian symbols under his name either way it clearly doesn't state he is a mod but he's also got involved.

There are 2-3 mods on most forums. Check out the bottom of the forum for a list. On the sidebar, if someone is a mod, the forums they moderate are displayed under their username and their name is in bold. It always pays to double check things like this before posting.

mod1l.pngmod2a.png
    iv received 2 pm's from a poster called Cereal Rapist abusing me because i decided to go one step further about Shammy's modding in this situation, the dispute started before the ban.

Abusive PMs are not tolerated on this site. Use the Report PM button (report.gif) while reading the PM, and one of the admins will look at it for you.
    now i cant quote posts because again iv been denied entry to the forum with no actual proof of what i was supposed to of done, i was simply told it was for insulting other members and failing to follow a mods advice which i assume is EL co hade who again has no evidence that he is a mod ( and if he does of now its because he changed it) on his profile.

If you log out, you can get access to the forum. For the record, here is what you posted:

it takes 2 to tango no need to target myself only with that post, if you feel so strongly about pm's why didn't you pm your above post?vanyway i don't see mod above your name so stay out of it and come of your little power trip. i wont be replying to you in the future as its nothing to do with you so stop trying to act the hero and come in fighting shammys battles and that goes for all of the little army of followers thanking his posts lickarsing isnt the word for it.

Mods are unpaid volunteers on this site who give their spare time to try and keep the peace. El Loco Ade tried this (as politely as possible) and you basically told him to piss off. How do you expect him to react?
    Basically it appears Shammy has one set of rules for one and another for someone else, It started with me leaving a comment about the call of duty elite service in which i was pretty brunt but i was going of the information i knew of or assumed i knew either way some posters took my post very personal and proceeded to take some what subliminal shots aimed at me. I replied as there seemed to be a witch hunt against me and my comment, i vaguely remember what i wrote as it was removed but i do know i called them clowns or something like that ( i know i shouldn't of and i am sorry).

A bit stronger than that actually. You said "your words are like daggers grow the fu*k up ye clowns".

If you log out, you can access the posts. Clauses like "be civil", "don't be a dick", "attack the post, not the poster", etc. are in nearly every charter on this site. You should [URL="httphttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055717813"]read the COD charter[/URL] when you get a chance (you'll need to log out first).
    but here's the problem I have with Shammy, he publicly criticized and warned me but sent another poster a pm warning him (from what i can gather) now that to me is double standards and instead of sending me a warning through a pm like he did to the other poster he appeared to join the witch hunt and get a jab if you will in at me, even though he must of knew how insulting the comment i replied to was.

CORaven apologised publicly on the forum for his 'special' comment. I think calling everyone "f*cking clowns" is worse than one person calling you special.
    as i said i vaguely remember my comment but i do know the term clowns was mentioned as was aimed at certain people ( again i know i shouldn't of) but one of the posters clearly over stepped the line to get that reply out of me and raise my frustration of being ganged up on, i was compared to that of someone special (somewhat along those lines again i cant quote it) this to me is not only racial and very disrespectful to anyone with a disability, i happen to have a brother who is autistic so ye i didn't take kindly to it as no one should.

but what was even more shocking was that shammy left it go, Shammy was well able to join the witch hunt and publicly criticize me but failed to take a stand against a racial comment aimed at me (the poster did say sorry) , that's when he later said he contacted him through pm but iv a feeling he didn't or if he did its after the comment i left just to cover his tracks but that's just what i think im not accusing him of anything. But this is where my argument lies as i said one set of rules for one and another for someone else but its easy to see who has turned out the worse due to people ganging up.

Im not looking to achieve anything other than the fact i personally think Shammy modded that situation very badly aswell as the abuse aimed at me was deemed acceptable or at least publicly acceptable.

The bottom line here is that you jumped into the thread feet first with assumptions about the service before anything concrete had been announced. Your assumptions were shot down by other users because they weren't based on facts. You took offense, and everything kicked off.

The mods are just trying to keep the peace - a difficult job when comments like "your words are like daggers grow the fu*k up ye clowns" are being thrown into the mix, followed by accusing a mod of being on a power trip. You were asked to take it to PM, but you dragged it back up on thread.

On a side note, you've been a member of this site for nearly 2 years and you have posting on the COD forum for 1 year and 8 months. I don't buy it that you didn't know he was a mod.

I don't see any reason to lift the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

There are 2-3 mods on most forums. Check out the bottom of the forum for a list. On the sidebar, if someone is a mod, the forums they moderate are displayed under their username and their name is in bold. It always pays to double check things like this before posting.

ok no problem, my fault.
    Abusive PMs are not tolerated on this site. Use the Report PM button () while reading the PM, and one of the admins will look at it for you.

no problem thanks.
    If you log out, you can get access to the forum. For the record, here is what you posted:

it takes 2 to tango no need to target myself only with that post, if you feel so strongly about pm's why didn't you pm your above post?vanyway i don't see mod above your name so stay out of it and come of your little power trip. i wont be replying to you in the future as its nothing to do with you so stop trying to act the hero and come in fighting shammys battles and that goes for all of the little army of followers thanking his posts lickarsing isnt the word for it.

Mods are unpaid volunteers on this site who give their spare time to try and keep the peace. El Loco Ade tried this (as politely as possible) and you basically told him to piss off. How do you expect him to react?

Basically i reacted to him as being a general poster getting involved and jumping on the bandwagon like plenty did, as i said i didn't know he was a mod (my own fault) if i did i would of took his advice on board.
    A bit stronger than that actually. You said "your words are like daggers grow the fu*k up ye clowns".

If you log out, you can access the posts. Clauses like "be civil", "don't be a dick", "attack the post, not the poster", etc. are in nearly every charter on this site. You should read the COD charter when you get a chance (you'll need to log out first).

thats all well and good but the fact i was being ganged up on would tempt such a response from a lot of people.

I had to retype this reply to you. I could not post it as it would have been an insult to people who are special.

im my eyes the above is a lot worse and how he was giving a warning by pm while i was given a warning on the forum, this is the reason this whole situation is where it is, its bad modding.
    The bottom line here is that you jumped into the thread feet first with assumptions about the service before anything concrete had been announced. Your assumptions were shot down by other users because they weren't based on facts. You took offense, and everything kicked off.

Ofcourse i took offense to being compared to that of a person with a disability as i said above iv my reason for taking that personal, but like i said this seems acceptable publicly on that forum.
    CORaven apologised publicly on the forum for his 'special' comment. I think calling everyone "f*cking clowns" is worse than one person calling you special.
    if people are going to get personal and abuse me is it not logical that i would respond in such a way? and calling someone a fu*king clown is not on par with mocking people with disabiltys that is racial behavior, and for the record i also said sorry which ironically doesn't get mentioned.
    im sorry for the name calling
    I don't buy it that you didn't know he was a mod.
    there's nothing to buy into i would hardly spin a lie that pathetic my posts reflect i wasn't lying so if you don't believe me that's your choice but a very naive one. As i said if i knew he was a mod i would not of responded in that way so i would appreciate if you stop making out i actually done it purposely knowing he was a mod because that isn't the case.

sheild how do i go about reporting how Shammy modded the situation i didn't quite understand your instructions through pm, i know the ban isn't going to be lifted but my main point is how badly the situation was modded.

sheild how do i go about reporting how Shammy modded the situation i didn't quite understand your instructions through pm, i know the ban isn't going to be lifted but my main point is how badly the situation was modded.
    I think this is intended for me.

You need to discuss this with the CMod who has addressed your ban. You can do it here on-thread, or with him via PM. It would be preferable to take it to PM as this forum is for disputing warnings, infractions and bans only.

I will alert Mr E to this post so he will know to expect a PM from you.

Thanks for the reply, mufcboy1999.

Its my personal opinion that 'special' is less offensive than 'f*cking clowns', but that's just me. I don't really want to get into an argument over semantics. Special (in my eyes) means you stand out from everyone else for some reason - not necessarily due to a disability. It certainly isn't 'racial', which is how you described it in both of your posts.

Since the ban is no longer being disputed, I propose moving this to the Helpdesk so the COD mods can defend themselves (if they feel they need to).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And moved accordingly to Helpdesk and re-prefixed appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

, i know the ban isn't going to be lifted but my main point is how badly the situation was modded.

This is your main problem right here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73330619&postcount=129 That post as you say i publicy warned you , criticized you and its where you say i joined in the witch hunt.

You also say that you made a post and you were ganged up on . Partly true , the fact of the matter is that you posted http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73322957&postcount=116 it was then explained to you that what you posted was in fact free and the extra features for which there would be a charge werent disclosed as of yet . Four hours (6 posts later) you posted http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73325885&postcount=122 which is what led to the comments and your reply.
    Firstly did you even read the replies after your first post ? I dont believe that you did otherwise you wouldnt have made your second post on the matter because you would have known that it was free. Your post that i snip'd warrented a warning if not more.
    In the days that followed you argued about double standards, you were told to bring it to pm by me and quoted about "dont be a dick" from the forum charter , you clearly thought i was swearing at you and once again ignored my advice to bring it to pm. Then my co-mod El loco Ade told you if you have further issues bring it to pm to which your reply was http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73375762&postcount=162 .

Given that your a member on this site for nearly 2 years and a frequent visitor to the cod forum , i find it hard to believe that you didnt know El Loco Ade was a mod , You've never looked at the forum charter , and most importantly you never read the replies after your first point on the elite thread. My advice to you is have a general read of the rules on here, for the forums you visit have a little look on the bottom right as it shows you the mods.
    Twice in two posts you lashed out with insults ,when you felt you were being attacked, what you should have done (if you have a problem with a post) is report it and let us deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

With no input for three weeks now, I'm going to close and move this to the archive. PM me if anyone wants it re-opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement