Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I stay or should I go????

Options
  • 19-07-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Am losing interest.... am thinking of packing it all in and either offering the boys up to another manager or letting it go bot. Anyone else go through this and come out the other side???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dont go dreamer!!

You've put so much time (must be years at this stage!) and effort into your team, be a shame to just let it all go.

I went through a phase where i just about logged on once a week to set team for saturday but after a while i missed it.

We all go through peaks and troughs of interest so maybe take a break and log in once every few weeks so you dont go bot. If you miss it then your team is still there waiting for you.

Just dont do anything hasty, we need a woman about to put us in our place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Find other things to do to keep you occupied, I went through the exact same thing so started organising friendly comps and what not. With the Senior WC next year I'd love extra hands on board to assist with scouting and giving me abuse about my drink problem (Clampers esque)

The Community challenge needs someone to organise and also the Inter pro challenge. Ask any manager and they will tell you they went through a season on 2 where they really lost interest, stick with it and you will get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Indeed Dreamer. Stick with it, even if it is only as a 1 click per week manager. You will regret losing your team in a month or 2, you're just going through a low patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I was like that, but mainly as I kept losing in the div III final and missing out on promotion and the league is fairly boring tbf!

I got into the U20 training side and checking up on how my lad was doing against the competition for the squad spot etc.

I reckon I will get more involved overtime in the international side as I finish qualifying and have more free time.

STAY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Stick with it!

It'd be such a shame to pack it all in a regret it in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It can get a bit boring coming to the end of the season with no cup and only one meaningful game a week. It will get better in a few weeks. New cup, maybe division 2, new trainees. Always gets better, don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Don't pack it in Dreamer!

Either take up an extra dimension (run cups, get involved in U20 training, hey I can always do with some journo articles ;) )
    or maybe completely shake it up, cut off the dead weight in your team, buy a load of young lads and start building a team of the gods.

Also interacting with managers always leads to better craic. Bit of banter here and on the off-site always makes bragging rights all the more precious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Damn, I wish I could just leave! I remember life before BR :p

ajeffares wrote: »
    Damn, I wish I could just leave! I remember life before BR :p

Boring and having to talk to people in real life..... thank God for BR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Will give it a few more weeks and see it I can get the enthuasim back.... kinda like the idea of selling off all the top guys and starting again from scratch. Seem so little challenge at the moment.

Thanks all tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Will give it a few more weeks and see it I can get the enthuasim back.... kinda like the idea of selling off all the top guys and starting again from scratch. Seem so little challenge at the moment.

I was like that too at the start of this season only just getting back in to it the Boards cup and training s14 u20 has rekindled the interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Can you sell them all before Saturday at 2.35?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

join the offsite too, abusing wex is a lonely thankless job but it has its moments

So little challenge? Go for promotion then ya rascal! But I do get ya, sometimes if you've got a super team sitting on top of you and not much below, you can have a boring time without managing a promotion.
    I'm tempted to do an aul firesale too. Not that I'm in the boredom zone, but because in a few seasons I want my young bloods to run riot. :)
    cclampett wrote: »
    join the offsite too, abusing wex is a lonely thankless job but it has its moments

Yes, this is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

ahhh now we're onto something, i almost bollocksed up fewies season coz he just wouldnt give an 18k csr average squad any respect. now that was enough for me to smile. my only smile of a season getting beat by girls n all, but one game can be enough to make it worth while, if only curly sue would admit the pain:D

cclampett wrote: »
    ahhh now we're onto something, i almost bollocksed up fewies season coz he just wouldnt give an 18k csr average squad any respect. now that was enough for me to smile. my only smile of a season getting beat by girls n all, but one game can be enough to make it worth while, if only curly sue would admit the pain:D

I've admitted the pain. But at least it was you and not Orizio. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Sad to see you leave Dreamer, hope you can adjust back to life in the real world :)

I've no girls to kick my ass now :(

Zagato wrote: »
    Sad to see you leave Dreamer, hope you can adjust back to life in the real world :)

I've no girls to kick my ass now :(

Has she left? This thread is way back in July... thought Dreamer had decided to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ah crap i think it is true. just did a search for dreamer_ire and munster mark II and got no hits.

always sad to see a boardsie leave the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ah crap i think it is true. just did a search for dreamer_ire and munster mark II and got no hits.

always sad to see a boardsie leave the game.

Yeah she was in my league in Div 3, and was about to beat me again in a couple of weeks time, just logged in today and found Munster Mark II had gone bot!

• Advertisement

Yes, it's farewell time.... surprisingly a tougher decision than I had thought it would be! Be great bantering with you all, but it's real life time for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Yes, it's farewell time.... surprisingly a tougher decision than I had thought it would be! Be great bantering with you all, but it's real life time for me :)

is it scary out there? tell us what its liked

goodluck hope everything turns out good for you :D

Well, I must say this is a sad day for Boards BR.

Though who knows, in a few seasons you might be jonesin' for a hit and we'll see the emergence of Munster MKIII :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Munster MKIII :D

It's a name begging for a comeback!! :D

Enjoy real-life Dreamer!

Such a pity to see you going but we all understand that with real life takes over... May I make a suggestion, why not sell all your decent players set 3 17 year old Irish dudes into 10 sessions each and log on every now and again to keep your team alive. This means Ireland gets 3 superb players and you can bank loads of cash.. if you decide in a few seasons to give the game another go you can have enough funds to buy some success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Phonehead wrote: »
    Such a pity to see you going but we all understand that with real life takes over... May I make a suggestion, why not sell all your decent players set 3 17 year old Irish dudes into 10 sessions each and log on every now and again to keep your team alive. This means Ireland gets 3 superb players and you can bank loads of cash.. if you decide in a few seasons to give the game another go you can have enough funds to buy some success.

She's already gone, team went bot :(

Phonehead wrote: »

Too late Phonehead though to be honest I needed to go cold turkey!

I can't blame the time difference for my slowness;)

Too late Phonehead though to be honest I needed to go cold turkey!

Still jonesin' for those sweet sweet pops though I bet :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement