Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering

Options
  • 19-07-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any charities in town that are looking for volunteers?

Just have a lot of free time at the moment and for the forseeable future so would rather do something useful with it rather than waste it on the laptop all day.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I dunno if this is the kind of thing you're looking for but they're always looking for people on jobs.ie to either call door to door fundraising or on street fundraising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

stacexD wrote: »
    I dunno if this is the kind of thing you're looking for but they're always looking for people on jobs.ie to either call door to door fundraising or on street fundraising

Going around people annoying them in the hope they'll give you money isn't really my idea of volunteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

if you were willing to travel a bit maybe the RNLI? a real worthy charity to be apart of with interesting training too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know there is a new place open kinda like a stop in spot for homeless or those in need of a cuppa across from the bus station in town. The side where the animal shelter was before, there was a sign up saying they were looking for voluteers to help out.

Or there is the meals on wheels also I have a number for a lady in the mahon area that I spotted a poster up for. I can pm it on if you like.

There was also a add I spotted in the Cork independant think it was for some new cancer awarness place, not to sure if you pick up a copy there are sure to be a few places looking for help though.

Im kinda in the same boat as you have two days free and im sick of sitting at home, have a few things to sort out myself this month and next and then after that im defo going to try the meals on wheels...Tis nice to give back good karma to you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

www.volunteercork.ie

Have a look on here and see how you go, and thumbs up to you for being a good person. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement