Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest weapon in any CoD game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

big fan of the AUG in MW2. a lot of people told me it was an rpd with a smaller clip but i just beasted so much harder when i used the AUG. one of my all time favourite guns. so dissapointing in black ops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RPD with extended mags and grip on MW2, an absolute beast of a gun, get an ammo crate drop and you have 600 rounds in one gun, ah Vacant, point and hold down the trigger on a busy corridor for those multikills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Tavor all the way!

Best iron sights in mw2, fast reload, huge damage, mental fire rate and fast draw time.

The only downside is he recoil but thats easily counteracted with the silencer. As the iron sights are so good and the mag size is good your not wasting the attachment slot and as the gun is so powerful it seems to loose next to nothing in damage. - Seems to have been made with a silencer in mind.

Great CQC and mid range performance. If you can burst fire it can do long range too. All in all my fav.

Close second is the vector, feels like the baby brother to the tar.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

My fav guns

Cod4 - M16, MP5, first sniper whatever it was
    WAW - Last sniper, thompson
    MW2 - Spaz, M16, Ump (Dont care I like it)
    Black Ops - MP5k, Ak47

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

UMP45 FACTAMUNDO.
    Can do anything with it rush and snipe from distance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

MW2-Spas,it just feels so good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Javelin.

Nothing beats getting a kill or two with it in a game of ground war or TDM and then firing it off knowing the fear it's strikes into other players. Was always great craic when some of my friends were on the other team as they knew it was me firing it off.

It makes a glorious noise that everyone can hear as it flys up and starts to descend, sometimes they can see it flying through the air too and no one knows where/when it's going to land and then BOOM!!

...course, getting caught reloading/firing the thing was a nightmare but totally worth it.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Can't believe no one has mentioned the Javelin.

Nothing beats getting a kill or two with it in a game of ground war or TDM and then firing it off knowing the fear it's strikes into other players. Was always great craic when some of my friends were on the other team as they knew it was me firing it off.

It makes a glorious noise that everyone can hear as it flys up and starts to descend, sometimes they can see it flying through the air too and no one knows where/when it's going to land and then BOOM!!

...course, getting caught reloading/firing the thing was a nightmare but totally worth it.

I dont think I've ever killed someone with one :o you can see it coming a mile away, just leg it and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Yeah its very predictable as to where someone would be targeting.... just avoid that area for 10 seconds and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ak47 has always been a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

my tar-21 with underslung g/l with danger close pro and scavenger pro. yummy yum yum yum

my tar-21 with underslung g/l with danger close pro and scavenger pro. yummy yum yum yum

wrong thread, thats best dickish gameplay style weapon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Why not put it to good use and start playing again? :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

hightower1 wrote: »
    Yeah its very predictable as to where someone would be targeting.... just avoid that area for 10 seconds and thats it.

That's just inexperienced javelin users. Unless you're firing at the most predictable places again and again there's no way the enemy will know where you're aiming for.

irish_goat wrote: »
    That's just inexperienced javelin users. Unless you're firing at the most predictable places again and again there's no way the enemy will know where you're aiming for.

most games on Rundown have someone launching from A to C or vice versa, or to that little mound just outside the fence where TF141 first spawn by the petrol station

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Re: The Javelin

The tall building on Crash. You can lock onto it from a number of places on the map and there's nearly always someone up there.
    The sense of glee when you get a multi-kill with it is undescribable but ye'll die more often than not.:rolleyes:

Playing with the silenced SCAR-H last night. When you stop using guns like that for a while you forget just how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I'll never understand how anyone can consider the TAR-21 to be a good gun. So much kick off it. Same with the AK-47. I dunno. Maybe I'm just not using them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

JoePie wrote: »
    I'll never understand how anyone can consider the TAR-21 to be a good gun. So much kick off it. Same with the AK-47. I dunno. Maybe I'm just not using them right.

Put a silencer on the TAR - that should help. They do both kick a bit but you get used to it and they are pretty useful, especially in close to mid range.

Usually use the silenced TAR on my S&D class. Hated the AK orignally but started really using it after stopping prestiging & have it on two of my classes now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JoePie wrote: »

AK47 has remained a constant in the majority of shooter games I've played. The classic look and the kick being dependable, usually moving straight upwards is manageable from my POV.

The TAR is alright. I've never understood the fuss over it from past comments here, at least compared to the M4(which I think is underrated in both COD4 and MW2), Famas and ACR it was certainly a level below them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The AK in cs is the ****ing tits ! One shot kills with a headshot, the way it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

I've never taken to the ak47 myself, the up and down recoil is too much. Sure lob on a supressor but your range is down, best tip ive heard is aim at legs and fire away as the recoil goes upwards, bobs your uncles but takes a bit longer to aim.

ACR is a great gun, pretty much zero recoil but range is lacking. FMJ helps must say.

Best gun for what its wort is probably scar-h. Unlocked early enough and very powerful however the mag size and amound of rounds is woeful, Tryna unluck extended mags 40 kills fmj but sure what it means, it isisnt just 40 kills with it is it shotting through objects that acoounts towards it?

Anyways, Imma guess extended mags and scavanger should do great things. If i ever unlock it that is haha

RE: jav, ya tis great craic :p would only use iot when i feel like messing about, would never use it going into a few serious games.

unlocking extended mags is a pain the balls, its easier on maps like Terminal and Highrise as through glass kills count and theres loads of easily penetrable (heh) surfaces like the plane on Terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

There's glass in Sub Base in the C building facing A spawn that cracks but doesn't break, really easy spot to get FMJ kills with if you keep going back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

In the generator room in Sub Base there is a chain mesh. It is easy to see through, small reduction in damage and it is a high traffic area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ah cool thanks lads :) and there i was trying to shoot through walls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

MW2 - SCAR-H with RDS.

Black Ops - (haven't played it much) AUG.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

From the games I've played:

CoD4 - the two AKs
    WaW - PPSh-41, KAR98k
    MW2 - ACR, SPAS-12, AUG, SCAR and AK
    Black Ops - AK47, AUG, Stoner

MW2 had the most likeable weapons for me, despite its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Denny M wrote: »
    MW2 - ACR, SPAS-12, AUG, ACR and AK

Ahh the ACR.. so good ya have to say it twice ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Ahh the ACR.. so good ya have to say it twice ;)

Bugger, meant to say SCAR for one of those >_<

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

M4. To quote my friend Jack when I was having a bad game yesterday: ''Phil whack on the M4, your usually unstoppable with that!''

Barrett and AA12 deserve a mention 2. They are my mainstay weapons!

Advertisement