Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song of Ice and Fire Cake

Options
  • 20-07-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I'm making a 'Song of Ice and Fire' inspired cake for my boyfriend's birthday and I need all your help on how to decorate it...
    I want it to be three tiers: Each tier will be covered in white fondant...

Now, I was thinking of having a huge Direwolf sigil on the very top and 'Winter Is Coming' iced around the side of the bottom tier...
    Around one of the remaining sides I was going to make bricks out of grey fondant and build a type of Winterfell-esque castle scene thing...

Now there is one side of a tier left to do and I need your help as to what to put on it!!
    Any ideas?

For those of you who are lost, I need something to go where the question mark is!
    (preferably wrapping entirely around the cake)

cake.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

Aw, what a lovely idea!

You could make the middle tier the wall itself? A craggy, icing-laden barrier between the 'Winter is Coming' on the bottom tier, and Winterfell on the top tier. I'm imagining a little chocolate lift going from the top to the bottom. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

How about dragons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Haha, what an amazing idea.

What about if you had the winterfell scene in the middle instead and put the iron throne on top? Thats probably making it a bit more difficult perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I'm making a 'Song of Ice and Fire' inspired cake for my boyfriend's birthday and I need all your help on how to decorate it...
    I want it to be three tiers: Each tier will be covered in white fondant...

Can I be your boyfriend? Or at least get an invite to the party? I won't make much noise! Honest!

How bout a silhouette of the Wall around that part? Probably a bit plain but can't think of anything else.

Ps: PM me a slice of the cake!;)

Advertisement